I’ll describe the problem as detailed as possible and share everything I’ve found out so far.
Since Minifreak V update 188.8.131.520 it hangs after about 15 seconds. I think I’ve seen it become responsive again for a while, only to become unresponsive soon after.
This happens regardless of:
- Whether I have the hardware connected or not
- Whether sync/link is on or not
- In both the VST (Ableton 11) and the stand-alone version
I’m using Windows 10. I have already tried the following:
- Reinstall Minifreak V
- Clear the “prefs”
- Reinstall Arturia Software Center
- Minimizing the standalone version immediately hangs it.
- Having the window lose and regain focus immediately hangs it.
- Re-installing the previous version of MiniFreak V (version 1.0.0…) fixes the issue (but that’s no longer an option for me, see note below).
- The CPU display in the corner stays at a healthy 15%, but one CPU core is maxed out when the unresponsiveness sets in. I have a modern system and it works fine for the first moments. Then the unresponsive/maxed out phase kicks in:
Again, I’m using Windows 10. My DAW is Live 11, but that shouln’t matter since it’s also in stand-alone. I have the hardware but it also happens without the hardware involved.
I haven’t been able to make music since Monday. This is because I’ve upgraded the hardware to version 2 as well. I had a LOT of trouble installing that firmware, with the synth becoming sort of bricked for a while. I was able to restore it after many tries. So I don’t want to risk downgrading the hardware’s firmware to the previous version. But that also means that I have to use the new MiniFreak V (since otherwise linking will not work).
So I’m now stuck because I cannot downgrade, and this version does not work. Any help is much appreciated!