Minifreak V hangs/crashes in all situations since update 2.0.0.720

Another aspect you might want to take into account:
Compatibility issues with Ableton and pigments 5 - Software Instruments / Pigments - The Sound Explorers Community (arturia.com)

In the above thread someone encountered severe issues with Pigments, that could be traced back (and solved!) to some settings of his graphics card.

Since I can imagine the issue has to do with graphic settings, this might be worth checking!

Thanks, Stefan. I’ve since tried all possible resolutions and graphics settings. My system doesn’t run a NVIDIA GPU so I’m suspecting that’s a red herring. I’ve sent all the crash reports and diagnostics I could think of to Arturia, sadly their response time is measured in weeks, which really sucks.

I have since found a solution for my situation: I have reinstalled all possible drivers I could find for my system, including a BIOS update, CPU/chipset driver, onboard video drivers and dedicated video drivers. Also other peripheral drivers for stuff like WLAN, onboard audio and bluetooth and USB.

That fixed something, as I can now keep MinifFreak V running without it hanging upon losing windows focus.

I was halfway debugging the software myself but sadly Arturia’s support wouldn’t help me do this. But I suspect there is a I/O driver issue, perhaps for USB, but it could also be something completely different (like video or CPU related).

Oh, and as a software developer myself, I would like to add my opinion as well.

I know it’s hard to support every system with its multitude of drivers and configurations. But support should at least have helped me by pointing me in the right direction. I don’t think they have ever actually looked at my debugging information. I just got a standard reply for new firmware, which didn’t solve the issue at all (and in fact bricked the hardware - which I then had to have replaced). I have been in contact with this issue for the last 4 (!!) months, without any solution or compromise offered.

You may understand that I am quite disappointed with the support received.

Same here! I really loved Arturia products and the hardware device is great (pray I never need hardware support from them!) but their software support team is either massively understaffed or straight incompetent/negligent. I had to point out multiple times that the firmware update on the hardware would not fix a software-only issue. Currently, I’m getting generic “thank you for your patience, please send us crash logs from xyz” every 2-3 weeks, no suggestions for a fix, nothing. I patiently supply the logs and hope to get an answer within the month. Not great.

1 Like