Virus Threat in Analog Lab 5.7.4.371

Hey Guys,
Just updated Analog Lab, and Win10 came up with a Threat quarantined warning.
This was detected: Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml in file C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Analog Lab V\resources\samplegenerator.exe.
Cheers,
Marcel

Hi @xpoes weā€™re glad to see you here!

Thanks for reporting this. Could you please confirm you downloaded it from our official site or the ASC?

If you did download it from a third party we canā€™t assure the security of it.

We strongly suggest you to upload your file on ā€œVirusTotalā€ website to scan it with the most used security applications:

If the problem continues please log in to your account to contact our technical support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

1 Like

Just to reiterate and expand on what Nats said, IF you downloaded it via ASC or from The Arturia site then there should be nothing to worry about, itā€™s likely to just be a ā€˜false positiveā€™. What i think many of us that make music with computers tend to forget is that we are in a very small minority of computer users when compared to the entire world. We often forget this, the anti-virus and anti-malware manufacturers cannot be aware of every single application in existence which is why sometimes a plugin will cause a false positive; Iā€™ve had quite a few over the years, mainly from my UAD software.
Of course though, itā€™s always a good idea to double check, just to make sure :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve downloaded it via the ASC. And I donā€™t expect it to be anything else but a false positive.
Just thought I should mention it, in case other people experience this as wellā€¦

1 Like

I see that this post was back in August but I just had this happen to me as well but in a different file. It detected Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\updater.exe after installing the latest ASC version (2.7.1.2466) today. Anyone else come across this latest iteration?

HI @Curly and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

IN all likelihood itā€™s another false positive, i updated ASC yesterday and scan my machine every day, nothing untoward was picked up yesterday or today.

Always worth letting people know though of course.

Ps
Please subscribe to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest from Arturia.

1 Like

Hello !

Windows defender is so great, than it sometimes detect a virus in itā€™s own files.

I submitted our executable to Microsoft some month ago because of a threat like this one, and the Microsoft guy answered that there is not issue with our binaries.

Sorry for this, but I think we can say that this is Windows Defender to blame on this one.

2 Likes