Terrible lags and crashes after update Arturia collection 7

Dear Arturia, I’ve been using your plugins for several years and now i got HUGE problem with plugins. I used aruria collection bundle 20th of november 2021 version, until yesterday. I didn’t update it because it works fine stable to me and .
Yesterday i download the update for all my plugins and it totally destroy tons of my working projects. It’s a nightmare for me, i have no idea how i can do my work.

The worst thing is that even downgrade for 2021 version has same lags, freezes and crashes.

I did everything.

Update drivers of my Nvidia card.
Update RME audio drivers.
Update Windows
Several time reinstall every VST.

Pigments become totally unplayable after 5 mins of working.
Modular is going down after i try to change OSC freq.
I believe that all other plugins got the same problem didn’t have time to test it.

I got this problem in Ableton 12. Cubase 13 works fine but i have no chance to test it with long period of time.

Standalone version are ok but still got terrible freeze when i try to rescale window size. And only Alt+Tab make freeze disappear. Some times alt+tab helps to move Pigmets window in Ableton when the freeze comes.

And all of that with incredible input lag when i try to play midi notes.

CPU is not going up, RAM is not going up it looks like a virus, like win locker or something like that. lags and freeze, but ableton is still active…

Please help with some advise or i will be fired from my work…

Thank you.

I use Laptop Asus with ryzen 5, Nvidia 1650 and RME BABYface soundcard. Arturia collection 7

HI @lofi and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum!

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this.

Could you list your system spec a bit more explicitly please as it could be of help.

I’m running a Win11 Pro desktop, all SSD, RME FF UFX III and all the latest drivers/updates etc and my system is insanely fast and slick.

Do you have a backp image of your system you could revert to?

If you’ve tried un/reinstalling everything, have you looked at a possible windows reinstall? I know it’s a pain but it’s something that’s worth doing from time to time to keep things clean and lean.

Have you logged into your account and contacted Support yet?

HTH!

@matjones

Thanks for your answer.
i got
Windows 11 Home
OS Version 23H2 22631.3737
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
16gb RAM
SSD
All drivers are newest and up to date.

I have no backup image. so its a huge problem. And Arturia worked so perfectly all the time so i couldn’t have even imagine so destructive update.
i didn’t reinstall windows yet but i hope it should be some solution for that problem, because its pretty clean system with no tons of stuff.

I will contact support, but i spent all weekend with researching and most people with the same problem got the typical answer like “reinstall NVidia drivers”. And for lots of them it didn’t work.

Hi @lofi

These things can be serously frustrating at times, my last machine would not run my two UAD2 cards, PCIe Audio Interface and a PCIe Graphics card without randomly blue screening.
It took three months of trying this and that, BIOS updates, MANY complete rebuilds, Steinberg liaising with the builder etc to sort out and in the end i ended up using onboard graphics and another machine for video work, not ideal of course though.

Hopefully support will be able to get you to the finish line though! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

@matjones Yeah. sometimes we god things like that but downgrade is always help. And only parts of bundle are going down. Not this time…
I’ve contacted Support. And all things that has been recommended has no any effect. everything works fine in a Cubase 13. The same as in previous topic people said nothing helps at all.

@lofi
How completely have you uninstalled things?

Did you just uninstall from the Windows Control Panel or did you also delete ALL Arturia files on your system?

There are things in C:\ProgramData\Arturia, C:\ProgramData\ArturiaSC, that don’t get deleted fully when just using the uninstallers.

Make sure you deactivate anything you have a licence for in ASC BEFORE uninstalling it though, of course.

HTH!

@matjones YEah! i did everything even delete download assistant.

@lofi

Ah, that’s a shame as that sorts out 99.99% of issues like this.

How about antivirus etc?
You’ve already said you didn’t have a backup image so i think we can discount backup software like Acronis too then.

There has to be SOMETHING idiosyncratic on your system that’s causing this.

Admin permissions maybe? Possibly installed as an admin and trying to run on a non admin account?
I’m scratching around a little for ideas now…

@matjones As we see from the topic link i’ve posted many people have no effect with that solutions. Of coarse its a kind of experience to make a backups (in case the only windows backup will help), but i still believe that its just a bug, since Cubase works stable and previous versions of the program works perfectly. And its may be will fixed with some patches from Arturia.

OH MY GOD!!! With Arturia support we finally get the solution.

THE MAIN THING WAS WITH VIDEO CARD. I USED TO CHANGE GLOBAL SETTINGS TO “USE HIGH PERFOMANCE NVIDIA CARD” BUT IT WAS NOT HELP AT ALL. TO FIX THE PROBLEM U NEED TO ADD ABLETON.EXE FILE TO FORCE NVIDIA CARD BOOT.(ITS THE GRAPHICS SETTING IN WINDOWS 11) AND AFTER THAT ABLETON WILL USE NVIDIA AND EVERYTHING STARTS WORK PERFECT!

BIG THANKS TO RICARDO FROM ARTURIA SUPPORT!

@lofi
AWESOME!

Great to see you’re properly up and running now! :sunglasses:

@matjones Thanks for your answers mate!!!