Template names not showing on controller

I have a keylab essentials mk3 and a minilab3 and the behavior is the same for both of them. I have created several user templates that are saved in the midi control center application for both keyboards. When I store my user templates to the device memory slots, the first one shows the actual name of the template and the name doesn’t show for the rest. It keeps the “User 2”, “User 3”, etc name. I’ve verified that it is indeed uploading the template to the device but is there a way or something I’m doing wrong that is preventing the name from showing up when I’m selecting on the device? Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The name of the first user template seems to be baked in the User 1 slot because now when I store a different user template to User 1 it still shows the name of the template that I originally stored there. Extremely confused, I just want to simply scroll through templates on the controller and have each one be the name I’ve given it in the software . . . . is this not possible?

1 Like

I wish I had an answer because I’m having the same issue. :man_shrugging:

Sounds like it’s probably a bug they’ll need to fix in MCC or the device firmware.

I have two templates made up. One called Drawbars (for my organs with have the faders reversed, and on midi channel 2) and one called Mixer, which I use to adjust volumes in GigPerfomer.
On my E3 I can scroll through them and the name comes up on the screen. I have user 3-6 turned off so they dont appear on the screen.
Is this what you want to do but can’t?
Im at work at the moment so can’t try this, but im sure I saw that both Drawbars and Mixer are under User 1. I remember thinking it strange at the time. I could be wrong, but AFAIK ive never used User 2.
Try loading them both to User 1.

I think it’s probably a bug with MCC, because I watched a video on this topic and it worked for the person who created the video and he had the same firmware version that I have for the minilab3 and the video was created before the latest version of the MCC was released which is what I currently have.

Have you created any new templates since the latest release of MCC? I have the latest/greatest release of MCC which is:

Midi Control Center 1.18.0.247
Build 247 Revision: 86275db
Build date: Aug 12 2024 13:56:55

I’m curious to know how to “turn off” user slots. I can delete local templates in the MCC software but have no idea how to delete device memories on the controller. Let me know how you accomplished that and if you are able to get this to work with the latest MCC release. Thanks in advance!

Yes, you’re right. The latest version does bugger all. I reverted back to the previous version and all works as expected.

To turn off the other user presets just go to the area below where you set Vegas etc.

Yup, I went back to the previous version as well and all is working fine now . It’s hard to believe that they don’t have test cases that would go through all these functions to verify that nothing gets broken. And thanks for the heads up on how to disable some of the user slots. I never realized that the ability existed!

1 Like

It’s like they have never tested it. Im on Mac so it’s a pretty close OS compared to Windows, how hard can it be :anguished: