New Patch Manager PLEASE!

I think I have mentioned this before, but we NEED a better patch manager for Analog Lab. The V collection pro comes with over 12k patches, not to mention any purchased patches or custom patches. This is great, but… there is no possible way for a person to remember the various sounds. Even categorizing them into groups like basses, leads, etc. just cuts them down to a slightly less intimidating number. I have over 1500 basses alone. If I were to audition each one for 10 seconds, it would still take over 4hrs get though them all, and that is just the basses. I am positive that there are thousands of patches I simply have not heard just because I don’t have the time to just sit down and listen to them all. It is so difficult to find patches that, in most cases, it takes less time to create a new patch from scratch than it does to find an existing patch.

The ability to select favorites provides marginal help but that is highly dependent on the mood/context at the time. A patch may sound great for one song but be completely wrong for another. More likely then not, someone starting a new project will need to simply go back and re-audition patches.

I would really like something similar to XO by XLN where patches are grouped by how they sound. Users could just click around on the map to find something close to what they are looking for, then zoom in and click the neighbors to find an even better match.

1 Like

Hi @Silence

Have you also tried this feature the green arrow point at?
img

I feel your pain. The abundance of patches can lead to choice paralysis. Yes, you can drill down when searching by other attributes such as Genres, Styles and Characteristics but that can still lead to a lot of patches to audition. The Similar Presets function that @LBH mentions can help finding a patch to suit your needs.

I think you should capitalise on your experience of creating patches and perhaps start to build your own library of sounds. Its fun and it can lead to surprising results.

Things like patch management is more personal, it should match with your way of working and your type of collection. It is very difficult to create one which is good for everyone. I tried to vibe code a manager for myself, it is a typical case which the AI vendors promised would be very easy, but I failed. An open API would help, connect some sort of patch assistant to it.