Minilab 3 possibly dead

After 3 month of use my MiniLab3 is possibly dead :face_exhaling:
No any indication on the MiniLab 3 device when I plug in it to PC.
I receive the message: “failed to open the device” when I connect my MiniLab3 to my computer.

When I try to reinstall firmware I receive “cannot open DFU mode”, but in bootloader mode (when pressing Shift+Hold while power on) I can reinstall firmware, but it doesnt help.

Soft reset (when pressing hold Oct- +Oct+ while power on) does not work.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @yakovlev_6 welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

Sorry to read this, in order to help you better please log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

Hi @sand.arturia, thx, already done

1 Like

Hi @sand.arturia!
The support team has still keep silence regarding my case, perhaps you know the approximate time frame for a response?

Hey Max @yakovlev_6

Sorry for the time taken from our team to reply.
I just checked on our system and I see that yesterday our technical team replied to you giving you the instructions to follow in order to help you.

Could you please check your spam folder to be sure you didn’t missed our e-mail?

Please let us know how it goes :eyes:

Hi @sand.arturia !

I apologize for such a long silence, only now I was able to return to Arturia’s question
And possibly my ticket was closed by helpdesk team…

I reopened the new one and copy my answers below:

1. I used different computers: MacBook (with Mojave OS), iMac (Ventura OS) and Sony laptop (running Windows 10 OS).
    On all these devices the picture is the same - there is no any indication when the USB is turned on.

2. I used different USB ports on the back of the iMac and the side ports on the MacBook and Sony laptop.

3. I used three different USB cables, the shortest of them is only 30cm.

4. I not used any USB hubs, all connection made directly from Arturia MiniLab 3 to computer’s USB port.

So, I come to the conclusion that this is definitely not a cable issue or a computer issue or a USB port issue.

Please find attached screenshots

1. From Audio MIDI Setup and MIDI Studio
  1. From MIDI Control Center
    When I just started MIDI Control Center, its open with error
    When I pressed OK on the previous screen
    When I pressed Upgrade button on the previous screen
    When I restart Minilab 3 into boot mode with Shift + Hold buttons pressed
    When I successfully upgrade firmware to 1.1.1 version

Hi,

I’m having the exact same problem. Have you solved the issue?

Thanks

Same for me as per "Failed to open the device" in MIDI Control Center. New Minilab 3 doesn't work at all

Hey guys, I have the same issue on my unit. Did you find a solution or should I just replace mine with another unit?