[Feature Request] Pulling CS80V3 presets into V4?

Is there any way to pull CS80V3 presets into CS80V4? There’s a whole bunch that aren’t in V4 especially the Blade Runner stuff.

Hi @jackn2mpu
As far as I am aware there is no way to do this unfortunately as I’m told, although they are models of the same synth, the coding between the two is so different that it’s not possible to translate them sufficiently well.

Thanks much for the reply. I was hoping it could be done because there’s really not all that much new in V3 that makes me want to buy it otherwise.

If you upgraded from an earlier version of V Collection that included CS80V3, you can still install it and run both V3 and V4 and have access to all the patches.

2 Likes

You’re missing the point. Should be able to pull the patches in and deal with one synth and not have to think about which version has which patch.

I’m not missing the point. You can’t import them into V4 but you can continue to play them in V3. The two versions are incompatible but you have a workaround.

It’s a workaround that’s a royal pain. Shouldn’t have to think which version has which patch.

Ok, i’ve now logged this as a feature request.

2 Likes

Thank you. ETA on implementation?

As I said, it’s a feature request and will be picked up sometime after the weekend.
There’s no guarantee it’ll be implemented as there are so many requests to deal with.
Any ETAs are announced officially, generally via our newsletter, so Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about them.

Any update on this? It seems ridiculous that none of the 3rd party sound banks I bought for CS-80V3 play or even show up in CS-80V4. I have to load the older version in order to use those sounds. Also, I can’t use the Explore features to search across banks made for different versions.

For example, if I want to search for all my Arpeggiated CS-80 sounds. I have to do the search in both V3 and V4 versions and they yield completely different results.

This is completely unacceptable and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

HI @karlfranz and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

I’m afraid there’s nothing to report at the moment.

I understand from a dev standpoint why it’s not viable to just re-use presets between different versions of the engines. But it would be nice to have a tool that would make an attempt at converting older presets to the newer engine versions, even if it just set the main synth controls correctly and did its best to transfer arpeggio, fx, LFO, etc. settings to however the newer engines represent similar functionality.

1 Like

Here’s an idea - why not have someone manually copy / reprogram the presets in the CS80 V4 version so they’re all in the correct format? And then let us import them. I know it’s a bit low-tech but it seems Arturia may not have thought about this…

If Arturia don’t want to invest in this, how about releasing the patch parameters for each preset as a text file, so we can do the above ourselves.

And no, the older version won’t run on my new MacBook, so I’ll have to go back and hope my old computer still works.

Cheers.

1 Like