Endless encoders

Hello all. I have recently bought KL Mk 3 61 keyboard and I am pretty satisfied with it. Everything works great with Ableton Live 12 and it is very convenient except the endless encoders. When the keyboard is in “DAW program” and I select effect (or change track) in Ableton, I would expect that Ableton send current values of knobs of selected effect to keyboard, so it prevents any values from jumping and all values of encoders would correspond to values on effect. However instead of that when I reach the encoder the value in Ableton jumps.

All my drivers and softare are up to date. I have already tried to switch “Takeover mode” to “Value Scaling” or “Pickup” but that is definetly not the best way. Maybe I am wrong but rotary encoders can hadle this much better, so I thought maybe I’ve done something wrong.

I also tried to create user program and change the mode of encoders to relative but then I can’t see any information on display. The encoders works correctly only in Analog lab.

Please, does anymone have similar issue? I have gone through some forums and I found similar issue here, however different keyboard:

Minilab MK3 relative mode - Ableton - still not working - Lab / MiniLab - The Sound Explorers Community (arturia.com)

So it is maybe something with relative/absolute setup and the midi remote script in Ableton but I am quite new to midi keyboards and I am not capable of applying this fix to mk3 61.

1 Like

Same problem here. I am expecting developers to support relative controlling in DAW mode. Otherwise, endless encoders are even worse than normal encoders.