Crackling sound on note release with MIDI synth

With Analog Lab, on MacOS, by connecting a synth (Roland D50) via the MIDI-USB UM ONE MK2 socket, there is a crackling sound when you release the note (2 times out of 3) which is cut off immediately.

However, there is no problem with GarageBand and UM ONE MK2 + Roland D50, and no problem with Analog Lab and AKAI MPK mini.

The problem is only with Analog Lab and a non-USB synth.
Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thank you

HI @Equinoxe and welcome to our Sound Explorers Forum.

That is a strange issue for sure, itā€™s not one iā€™ve encountered myself, i donā€™t have a D50 but i do have a D05 which works just fine with USB or ā€˜Adult Midiā€™.

Hopefully someone else might be able to chime in here!

Ps
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest news from Arturia.

Hi @Equinoxe , Welcome to the community from me too.

If you are using Sonoma OS, then perhaps there is a compatibility issue, as itā€™s not officially supported yet.

Iā€™m not sure if you can use Analog Lab in Garageband without issues and have issues with Analog Lab in standalone mode. But if thatā€™s the case, then perhaps itā€™s worth to contact Arturia support.
I donā€™t know anything about the cord midi to usb interface you use.

Have you tried increasing the buffer size in Analog Lab? I had a similar problem with AL5 standalone when I was playing it along with running tracks in Ableton.

1 Like

Yes, I have encountered this problem before. It is caused by a bug in the MIDI implementation of Analog Lab. To fix the problem, you need to update to the latest version of Analog Lab.

If you have already updated to the latest version of Analog Lab and you are still having the problem, you can try the following:

• Increase the buffer size in Analog Lab.
  • Change the MIDI I/O settings in Analog Lab.
  • Try using a different MIDI cable.
  • Try connecting your synth directly to your computer, without using the MIDI-USB UM ONE MK2 socket.

Thanks - I had a reply from Arturia support about another issue. They said that they have resolved a ā€œpreviously ongoing bugā€ with the new ALV update, so it looks like they may have fixed other issues!