Cannot turn off voice assist in Analog Lab

I am using Analog Lab 5.7.2.3703 on Windows 10 with Keylab Essential 49 mk3 1.0.9. When using controls on the keyboard, the PC speaks the control name and data, even though accessibility is turned off in Analog Lab V. This is very annoying and I didn’t find any workaround, please advise.

hi @lilo

We also reproduced some similar behaviors on our side and our colleagues are currently working on a fix.

In the meantime, you should be able to use this workaround:

• First, make sure to force the Windows Narrator to “OFF”

• Make sure to close your DAW (if currently opened) and then open Analog Lab V in Standalone mode.

• Have a look to the side panel settings to ensure that the “Enable Accessibility” setting is also defined to “OFF”.

• Once done, make sure to close Analog Lab V for the changes to be properly considered.

• On next opening it should be normally working fine!

1 Like

Thanks but the workaround doesn’t work for me. I already had Windows Narrator turned off and Accessibility turned off in Analog Lab, that doesn’t fix the problem.

Also your Windows screen for Narrator seems to refer to a different version than mine (I am using Windows 10 19045 which is the latest).

I have found a workaround for now, only works using an audio interface: in Windows controls, mute the USB output of the audio interface:

We can still hear the instrument sounds in Analog Lab but not the voice anymore. Not a great workaround but works until a fix is released.

Hi lilo,

Thank you for the update and glad to read that you were able to find a temporary workaround.

As an information, our colleagues are currently working on a fix which should be released as soon as possible (once fully validated).

I invite you to wait a little bit more and to keep an eye over the Arturia Software Center where you’ll be easily able to update your current version to the next one once released.

Sorry for these inconveniences and thank you for your patience and understanding!

Kind regards,
Guillaume

Thanks for the effort here Lilo…sadly It does not work for me. When I turn the audio interface off in windows ten…I get no sound anywhere.

has there been any ground made on fixing this Voice Assist Bug…the work around does not work around anything for me.

Hi Omarkum,

Sorry for the late response.

I was unfortunately out of the office for vacations.

As a side note, we released the 5.7.3 version of Analog Lab V which should definitely resolve these issues.

Please find the download links below in case you’d still be facing any troubles and wouldn’t have updated it since your last message:

Mac OS:
https://dl.arturia.net/products/analoglab-v/soft/Analog_Lab_V__5_7_3_3821.pkg

Windows:
https://dl.arturia.net/products/analoglab-v/soft/Analog_Lab_V__5_7_3_3821.zip

On Windows, make sure to first extract the content of the .zip archive in a temporary location to launch the installer.

Of course, let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,