[Bug?]Minifreak V MIDI Learn not quite working

Running Minifreak V in Studio One 5.5 in Windows 10 x64. Trying to link the knobs from my my external controller (old Novation Launchkey) to the macro knobs of Minifreak V- “InControl” is off and the knob’s input is not being taken by S1’s Device Control Map-- my knobs are working fine with other VSTs. Anyone else having this issue? Thought I’d ask here before putting in a support ticket. TIA!

2 Likes

Hi @pebblestream and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

Thanks for reporting this, i’ll list it as a potential bug at the moment, to see if anyone else is having this issue or knows of a ‘workaround’.

HTH!

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about all the latest and greatest news from Arturia.

1 Like

Hi Mat, thanks! I just realized I did not give enough details-- what happens is-- I empty the current MIDI CC mappings, select MIDI learn, then click on a macro strip icon to select it to be learned, and twist the knob on my controller-- now the weird thing is, Minifreak V detects me moving the knob and maps the control to the knob, however when I turn the knob, the value of the control it’s mapped to doesn’t change. Hope that helps clear things up a bit!

1 Like

HI @pebblestream

I’ve not been able to check on my own machine today as i’ve just been too tied up, if you can hang on until tomorrow i’ll have a good look at it then, anyone else please feel free to chip in meanwhile…

1 Like

Hi again Mat, thanks! No rush here, I’m still enjoying making patches even without the comfort of the real knobs, though they would definitely be nice-- and I realize it may take time to find the bug and fix it. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 Like

Can confirm I’m seeing the same behavior here. It picks up the CC when learning but doesn’t actually respond to any.

1 Like

I’m having a very similar problem. MIDI learn hasn’t worked for me since first installing it on MacOS last year; yes, it will map a physical knob to a paramter on the VST, but it will not change the MIDI data after exiting MIDI Learn.

My KS37 works fine with other plugins but not with MiniFreak V.

Controller: Keystep37
DAW: Ableton Suite 11.2

1 Like

Same problem here, i was getting crazy. I was trying to midi map to change previous/next presets but it’s not working :frowning:
In ableton

1 Like

Same problem here. MiniFreak V recognizes me assigning the cc but then it doesn’t respond. Tried opening new instances on new instrument channels, nothing working.
I’m driving crazy and need to bounce and send a file for a pending mix down…

1 Like

Same : No Joy. I use the Micro(Freak), and It perfectly learns the MIDI CC, but does not however do anything when actually moving the knobs. Only the “Hold” button seems to actually work - nothing to do with Midilearn.

Maybe when MiniFreak H/W 2.0 gets a sound card capacity I’m getting one, but for the time it doesn’t and portability and real estate is a real problem.

I must bring an Audiofuse along just to get the signal back (from the Micro therefore), and taking along my Roland JD-Xi is a better proposition for live playing. I play on a Keyboard Stand with guitar pedals at my feet, not a DJ-booth, and have no intention on using tape duct for my beloved sound card.

A dedicated “MicroFreak” profile (and update I guess) would be even better, one that would associated the shift functions with the actual panel Layout and some controls of OSC 2 etc, but that’s another topic. Proper Midi CC learn/usage as advertised is needed first.

Hi… Having same problems here. I’m using an M-Audio Axiom61 controller and MIDI learn works fine for all the other instruments in the V collection except for the mini freak v. I click Learn > click the knob in the UI > twist the knob on my controller and it assigns it to the correct # knob in the list under the MIDI pane, but there’s no action when using the controller knob.

I have the same problem: want to use MiniFreak V standalone on 2022 Macbook pro with Novation Launchcontroll XL: Midi Learn seems to work, but actual control of nobs in Minifreak Software does not happen. Launchcontrol works fine with other programmes, such as Ableton LIVE.