Analog lab crashes, please help

Hello, I hope y’all having a good day/night, I’ve been having issues with analog lab for a whiiiiiile now and I’m tired of it, this is why I’m seeking help right now.

I had analog lab for years, I encountered 2 problems.
The 1st is that there are some presets that I can’t load, it makes FL crash, I call them “cursed presets”, everytime I try to load them up it crashes, it’s too annoying because I can’t work like that. when i buy a new bank from other producers, maybe 10 presets or more are cursed… It messes up my workflow because there are more cursed presets that I know of, so when I’m in a session, having ideas I try different presets until I fall upon a cursed presets and it crashes. several times.

The second problem is almost 1/5 preset is missing samples from Arturia keyboards and pianos, Pigments or Arturia synth collections even though I have these plugins… Here’s an example : https://fileport.io/SDzD3m5BGcwD (The example shows 3rd party presets not opening, but it’s to illustrate, I get the same problem with other presets except it says "missing files from Pigments or other synths)

I’m getting desperate because I love analog lab so bad and I think this is one of the greatest plugins of all time but it never worked for me, ever since i downloaded it for the first time, it never worked properly and I cannot work like that.

To solve this problem, a week ago I did a factory reset on my PC thinking it would correct all the bugs i’ve been having, but no it’s just the same…
I got Analog lab subscription on splice so I did all the updates, have the latest version, but still, it crashes with cursed presets, even in standalone!!!

Please help me on my journey to make Analog lab V work, I’ve been searching for an answer on the internet for too long I need to make work Analog freaking Lab.

Thank you for reading this.

Hi @russ. Welcome to the community.

It’s never fun, when things not working.

But it sound to me like you say you have issues with third party soundbanks/ presets…
Keep in mind that third party soundbanks/ presets for example perhaps also use audio samples that you need to install in a correct location to make things work. There should be guidelines with the soundpacks, - at least if they are commerciel. The samples will be missing, if they are not at the correct location.

If they are not commersiel soundbanks/ presets then there can be issues with samples that you don’t have and that are not in the soundpacks.

It does’nt look like a Analog Lab issue.

Do you have any issues with any of Arturias presets? In that case, can you name a factory preset to test?

I’m not sure why Analog Lab crash for you. It can be preset related, i guess.

I have had some crash problems as well, but the crash on loading have only happened with like 1 or 2 presets (presets that may very well have been from a very old version of Analog Lab or something, I don’t know) or when I overload the CPU (like rapidly switching presets while running an arp on that midi track, when some instruments already take up considerable CPU space just on their own), so it is not crash-proof (not saying this is claimed of course) but mostly i just wanted to chime in…for the record or something >_<

about the cursed presets, I have the same problem, and the only solution I could find was to use analog lab 5.4.7 together with the collection of older synthesizers (when I try to install the collection x version, my analog hangs even in version 5.4.7 ) my conclusion is that it has something to do with the most recent arturia synthesizers, in a way I’m still dissatisfied because I wanted to use everything in the most up-to-date version.

Hi @Liphe. Welcome to the community.

If you use ALV in both cases, then it should’nt matter which version.
Can you give an example of a preset that crash and tell which specific application and version it’s for?

Keep in mind to include “Legacy Sounds” in ALV’s menu. if that’s what it’s about.

Also keep in mind, that older versions of an application can be installed alongside the new, if older presets can’t be used in the new.

I left the link above with a video showing the bug, I’m referring to the bug that happens when analog lab v closes the program alone, when I’m using analog lab in daw it closes daw automatically too. Perhaps useful information is that I have already reinstalled the analog a few times, and I realized that the presets where the bug occurs are completely random, that is, if I reinstall it again, the bug will probably occur in different presets. Answering your question, the legacy sounds function is activated.
ps: I’m Brazilian and my English is terrible, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear in my words

Hi again @Liphe.

In the video you have posted, you don’t use the latest version of Analog Lab V, as it at some point show, you can’t load a Prophet VS preset.

Please keep in mind, that if you have updated your other applications, then they are the same versions as in V-Collection X unless they have a new V number. I assume you own V-Collection X.

I can suggest you update your computers graphics. Be sure you update all the graphics.
I can’t tell if it’s your system that fail at at some point.

I suggest you contact Arturia support, if the issue persist.

My graphics are up to date and I believe it’s not my system, I tested it on my other PC and the error persists, I’ve tried contacting arturia, they gave me some instructions but it didn’t solve it. Anyway, thanks for your help, if you have anything else about this error please tell me, I use analog lab a lot and make my own soundbanks, this error is really causing me a big headache

Sure.

I can’t rule out there is an issue. I wish more would report it if they exsperience crashes.

Perhaps post your computers specs and OS version so others can compare.

EDIT:
You could try to remove all presets, and then add one instrument at a time. If you suddenly get a crash, then remove USer presets for that instrument and see if that make any difference.
Perhaps even the amount of presets you have can make a difference if you have many.
Just some things you could try to perhaps loacate the issue, if it’s not in the application it self.
EDIT END