AL 5.9 Sustain pedal triggering Arpegiator On > Off messages in history and creating stuck notes

I installed the new V Collection X suite and shortly afterwards starting noticing stuck notes. I’ve narrowed the issue down to AL 5.9 only. 5.8 didn’t have the issue and it’s not happening in any of the individual instruments either. I’m using AL 4 in the interim, along with the separate modules as a work around. For me, AL 5.9 is completely unusable until this is fixed. Support was able to recreate the issue on their end and I imagine it’s affecting more users than are aware. The current version is 5.9.4400. I hope they’re able to provide an update soon.

2 Likes

HI @gecko2121 and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

Sorry to hear this, have you tried the standalone version or the plugin in a different DAW to see if it happens there too?

Thanks matjones! Yes, happens on the stand alone app as well. Support said I could revert back to the 5.8 vers since it’ll likely be a couple of weeks or longer for them to correct it. The good thing is once I find a sound with Analog lab, I can switch over to the instrument modules and find the same preset and the issue doesn’t occur. It’s more of an inconvenience than anything else. I guess I should’ve waited a bit before jumping on a new version. Will definitely wait a month or so next time for the bugs to be worked out.

1 Like

Also wanted to add that the issue is related to the sustain pedal being somehow mapped to the Arpeggiator on/off toggle function. If you load AL 5.9 and open the “history” log area…you’ll see your sustain pedal is triggering the Arp on-off each time you press it on ALL presets. If anyone knows how to get into the file system and remove this mapping, it would likely fix the issue.

1 Like

Thanks @gecko2121 for letting us know.

As you say, hopefully a fix won’t be too long now.

1 Like