Wifi, AstrolabConnect and other Pains

Hello everybody

i’m having big problems with WI-FI connection of my AL61, the keybard ha always worked fine connected with my home router (Sky-WiFi) but yesterday my phone (iPhone15 PM) and the Keyboard stopped talking.
I checked the connection, redo pairing, and it was all ok with phone <-> AL but still the keyboard does not see the my WiFi.
Rebooted the router, and…no way. The Keyboard sees neighbours Wifi names and a “garbage” name SSID that i don’t see with my Pc,Mac,iPad,iPhone and everything else in the house.

Result: no way to connect
(obviously wifi works fine with every other object in the house, included my Akai MPC)

Did someone else has had the some issues?

Should i try to hard reset the keyboard ?
Should i have to throw it from the window?

Mother should i build a wall? (With Arturia)

HI @Spargiulo

Sorry to hear about this, unfortunately i don’t own an AstroLab, i wish i did though!

My first thoughts would be to do a hardware reset on the AL if all you’re seeing is a garbled SSID when trying to connect.

I’d backup any custom sounds etc before performing a hard reset though.

If all else fails then please log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

1 Like

i’ll try and let you know!
thaks!

1 Like

The only thing I can think of: does your router handle both 5G and 2.4G Wifi?
AstroLab only sees 2.4G, so make sure your router has at least one Wifi network set to 2.4G.

1 Like

Hi, indeed the router has 5 and 2.4ghz wifi, it dispatches under the same ssid.
If it was faulty every other client in my house should have issues, but never say never… to be honest, the keyboard worked fine since first day up to 2 days ago!

Opened a ticket with Arturia too, let’s see what they say!
Thanks!

Just a thought,but you used the’wi-fi’ hotspot with the connect app-I may have had a similar bout of confusion to you,but after establishing that worked and I was using the correct same name and correct freq 2.4-evertything just worked as should…heh,thats just me tho’

Hi Chat-noir (or meow if u prefer) :smile:
the pairing with the hotspot mode works fine, i scan the code, phone and AL pairs, and then when you have to choose the SSID name of your home/studio/place the magic happens… before i saw my home SSID, now the app (or the AL if you try to connect directly and input the password) sees neighbours ILIAD for example, and something like “kvbjhsuvfhbio58768143VODAvdkfjvh” that every other device in the house does not see.
I will try to hard reset on the weekend, and try some other router to be 100% sure on wich side is the problems.
fingers crossed…
thank you for your reply too!

the router has 5 and 2.4ghz wifi, it dispatches under the same ssid

That’s strange. On my Wifi router (also does both 5G and 2.4G), I name them differently so I know which is which. I have other devices that connect to 5G or to 2.4, but I’ve reserved a 2.4G Network for the AstroLab.
Of course, I make sure to connect my mobile device to the same 2.4G network when I want to use AstroLab Connect.

What type of security do you use? For the AstroLab 2.4g, I use WPA2-Personal.

Hi !
I spent my sunday doing every and i mean it literally test and yes, my AL is faulty.
The sad part is that i used it, since i bought, like 20 Hrs.

tried to soft, hard reset, reload FW, using it with an hotspot, and nothing to do: the keyboard randomly catches some ssid, or nothing, or garbled letters, but NEVER the nearby networks :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

even if in hotspot mode it connects with my tablet or phone, the app loses connection after a couple of minutes… hope to get support from Arturia SOON

1 Like

Hey @Spargiulo

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear it’s faulty, that’s gonna be frustrating i’m sure.

Hopefully support won’t be too long in getting back to you!

Hey I’n having the same Issue… I had a list of things to try from Simon at support, but I haven’t had time to try it… I sure as heck hope it is not faulty, I have another 14 days before returning or exchanging… good luck man.

Just a thought, are you trying to connect to WiFi while AstroLab is linked to Analog Lab?

As stated in various places, AstroLab is not able to connect via Wifi while the USB connection to the Analog Lab is in use.

Hello Everybody

for @Sean_W nice try, but no, i just cannot connect with the Crap-o-Rama AstrolabConnect A1 :frowning: after USB cable is removed from Mac…

@djnoodlesoup sad to read you have the same issue, don’t expect to receive any support more than a “did you tried to switch off then on”.
I tried to tello Simon that:
a. the keyboard simply stopped working after 1 month connected to the same router @ home
b. i am the IT manager where i work, so i’m used to know how to manage Wifi Networks
c. i tried every combination possible, included having an iPhone doing hotspot and an ipad connecting, the keyboard seems to see random SSIDs
d. tried soft, hard, re-firmware reset

Simon at Arturia support told me every obvious action to take for trying to connect , but it seems he does not understand that BEFORE it went fault everything was working fine, and i did not change a bit into my house. Simply, it stopped seeing the Wifi, no matter what i try.

I don’t know why a 2024 keyboard is not mounting a 5GHz wifi module, since that EVERY F@…G device on Earth is using it… from routers to smartphones to laptops…
Why do i have the bad feeling that inside this keyboard there is a RaspberryPI such old that it does not have a 5GHz module?

By the way, Arturia should look what Akai is doing with his MPCs (i have a Key61 and it works like a charm) with support and developement…and they are not shy, when there are updates in the air, they tell it.

Hi @matjones

the support told me to take every obvious action i told them (Simon) i already taken.
That was not helpful.

I wrote them Again today (i admit i’m a bit tired to have bot-like answers) to keep the ticket open, but i fear that without some kind of fix or firmware update, the only option i have is to sell the keyboard.
Like Claudio @DoctorMix says in his videos, NEEEEEEEEXT…

Why can’t you just send it back for an exchange? Clearly you’re not dumb from a technical perspective and you’ve tried everything within reason, so it seems this is just faulty. Pre-internet we accepted that friday afternoon lemons existed and we just marched them back to the store and got a different one.

1 Like

Hey @Spargiulo

Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear it’s not working out for you, but as @Jon_Vincent very correctly points out, these things can happen in the manufacturing process from time to time unfortunately.
I preordered a desktop synth from a certain other manufacturer last year, the first two both had major issues in very different ways, it turns out i wasn’t the only one; after reading a few other reports of the same issues… I was just one of the very few unlucky ones.
The shop i purchased from were incredibly helpful and the third unit they sent me was perfect, still is!

Your AstroLab is still under warranty, so you’re entitled to a replacement or refund; no need to lose money by selling it.

HTH!

1 Like

Hi and thank you for you reply, maybe i’m a litte p****d off and frustrated and that’s why i wrote that considerations!

I’ll wait for official Arturia reply to know how to get a replacement under warranty… i hope they will treat the thing directly and not via the reseller to avoid more loss of time.

Thank you!

Hi @Spargiulo

Depending on your location, it might be a case of going through the retailer first, that’s the case here in The UK; obviously it can vary from area to area…

Here in the UK your ‘dispute’ would be with the retailer. It’s not up to the manufacturer to resolve the issue. Maybe check your local trading-laws.

1 Like

i’m taking time 'cos Arturia support told me today that in weeks we could have some nice surprises like a bug-fix-and-improvement new firmware…

they are aware that some (not many) are having the same issue, where things stop working without reason, so keep fingers crossed and hope the will solve!!

1 Like