Why can't I play quickly repeating notes as time division gets slower?

Do I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how time division works or is this a bug?

If I turn off quantization and set time division to 1/4, I can play almost anything at any speed and it records it fine. However, if I play the same note quickly in succession, then it randomly drops notes. Sometimes it will record back to back notes and sometimes it won’t. I have to set time division to 1/16 or 1/32 in order to record most of my notes (1/32 usually works best), but then the sequence becomes far too short.

I have everything set to default except time division and quantization (set to off).

I had the same issue a few years back and in my e-mail conversation they recognized it as a bug, or at least something that is fixable in firmware, which in the end doesn’t mean anything for us really. They recommended to change the time division which was not really helping since I deliberately set it to 1/4 to get more steps (like you did).
There are a lot of reconized bugs like this but in the end it all is of no consequence for us KSP users.
I personally am going to abandon my KSP kind of like Arturia did (the last update was only to sell some units for the end of year holidays) and finally move on.

Thanks for the reply. I’m glad that I’m not the only one experiencing this. It seems like such an obvious bug that if they haven’t fixed it by now, there is probably no hope for it. Seems like KSP really wants you to make music a certain way and quickly gets ‘quirky’ if you deviate.

1 Like