I’m hearing something weird:
I use DT 900 ProX headphones, they are at 48Ohms.
I therefore always set the audio interface to “<50 Ohms”
I always found that the volume was kind of low…
Today I had to debug somethnig that involved changing the sample rate to check something.
I realized the volume of the headphone changed after I did my thing and put the settings back to normal.
After some experiments, I found the following reproduction protocol:
- set the headphone to <50 Ohms;
- listen through the headphones to a video or audio as a reference then stop → this is our reference volume;
- switch the sample rate to any other sample rate;
- listen again to the same video/audio → the headphone output is louder!
- now switch the headphone impedance to any other value, and switch back to <50 Ohms
- listen again to the same video/audio → back to the reference volume (???)
Questions:
- This doesnt look normal to me, is that supposed to be a bug? Or am I just ignorant with the impedance things?
- Can anyone else attempt to reproduce this issue and confirm?