Wavetable animation and 2D view not working

The wavetable animation in my Pigments are not showing on my new computer (and waveform animation in my Minifreak V).

I just purchased a laptop to replace my slower 12-yr old laptop. When I opened these 2 instruments (no waveforms shown on the rest of V Collection) , I found that the Pigments lacks animation in 3D view and waveform disappears altogether in 2D view. Also, the 4 “oscilloscope" windows do not show any waveforms minifreak V windows. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Tech help just said erase hidden directories, uninstall and reinstall, but to no avail. Started as normal user and also as admin. Standalone and VST mode (Cubase 13 Elements) are the same with missing animation.

Configuration:

Computer: Acer Nitro 17- 41
Copied from System Info:
Device name DESKTOP-73J71H4Processor AMD Ryzen 7 8845HS w/ Radeon 780M Graphics 3.80 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB (31.3 GB usable)Device ID 2C52B690-DF81-4CEF-958E-33AD3CD401F6Product ID 00342-22306-76930-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎6/‎20/‎2024OS build 19045.4529Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19058.1000.0

Thank you

As I suggested in replying to your other similar post:

“I assume these were fresh installs on your new PC and not a restore? If not, uninstall and reinstall the synths. It’s years since I was on Widows but display drivers have always been an issue. Make sure the driver is up to date. As a test you could try dropping the resolution to 1024x768 and see if the animations work. Other than that, I leave it to present day Windows users to ponder.”

Yes, I agree with the point of view of :point_right: @Funtmaster.

I suggest you to try this :point_right: https://forum.godotengine.org/t/solved-struggling-with-animation-coding-2d-book-open-and-close-anim/sac

Actually I followed this in past so I can say that this will definitely help you.

Sorry, Joslin. I can’t make any sense out of the code, where to put it, etc., in these instructions. But thanks - this is above my ability, though I appreciate your contribution.

Yes, Funtmaster: this is a brand new PC laptop running Windows 10 with all the latest drivers. I’ve ensured the onboard processor, its integrated GPU, and the NVIDIA/RTX4060 drivers are up to date, set Pigments to high performance in the Graphics menu, which diverts it to NVIDIA, and set that to high performance as well. My laptop display resolution is locked to its 1920x1080 resolution. I’m not using an external monitor.

Thank you for your ideas, though!

Hi @Brent91709 ,

I can’t tell what’s going on. I’m not sure i can add something. But i wonder why a brand new computer does’nt have Windows 11. Windows 10 support stops fully in october 2025.

After a week, I decided to go ahead and wipe the whole drive (I really didn’t want to do something that drastic) and did a fresh install of W11. I’m happy to say that all is acting as it should.

Anyway, thank you all for your patience and suggestions.

1 Like