User bank sounds stopped working after Analog Lab upgrade

I upgraded from AnalogLab V to Pro and found that some user bank sounds stopped working in my DAW (Live) after the upgrade - no playback despite the track being enabled and the sound reselected from the VST.

I opened a ticket with Ableton support as the track freeze function crashed the app. After removing tracks with custom sounds it began working. I then recreated the custom sounds, reassociated them to the tracks and everything worked as expected.

The Live crash log had the error VST3: exception thrown from class Steinberg::Vst::IAudioProcessor * __ptr64::process: No diagnostic information available.. This implies that the VST was the root cause.

Is there something special I need to do to upgrade custom patches or is this likely to be an issue with upgrades?

1 Like

HI @RiverCityKeys

Good to see you’ve made it here to the new Sound Explorers Forum!

It might be worth trashing your database and letting ALV update it.

If you’re on Windows, you can find it here C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets and the file you are looking for is called db.db3.

I’m not sure where this is located if you’re on a Mac, should be easy enough to search your system for it?

Once you have deleted the file, just run ALV again and give it a few minutes to reconstruct your database, how fast depends on your system spec and how many Arturia instruments you have on your system.

HTH!

Thank you. I saw this post elsewhere and this resolved the problem without deleting any user presets.

1 Like

@RiverCityKeys

Great stuff!

Glad to see you’re up and running again now!
Thanks for letting us know :sunglasses: