Use Select Buttos to select and Arm my Tracks

Hey guys,
My name is Ricardo Gonçalves and I would like to ask for help with the following: I bought a Keylab Mk2 61 and I’m using Reaper Daw. When I’m in DAW mode (on the keyboard) I can’t set the Select Buttons to arm my tracks, I can only make the tracks stay selected. How can I make the Select Buttos to select and arm tracks at the same time?
Thank you very much.

Hi Ricardo,

Unfortunately, the Select Buttons on the KeyLab Mk2 61 are not currently assigned to the Arm Track command in Reaper DAW. However, there is a workaround that you can use to achieve the same effect.

To do this, you will need to create a custom script in Reaper. This script will need to listen for key presses on the Select Buttons and then send the Arm Track command to Reaper.

Here is a simple example of a script that you can use:

function on_midi_in(int port, int channel, int data1, int data2) if (data1 == 91 and data2 == 1) then -- Arm track 1 reaper.SetTrackSelected(1, true) reaper.SetTrackArmed(1, true) elseif (data1 == 91 and data2 == 2) then -- Arm track 2 reaper.SetTrackSelected(2, true) reaper.SetTrackArmed(2, true) ... end end

Once you have created the script, you will need to assign it to a MIDI input device. To do this, go to Actions > Show Action List and search for “MIDI Assign”. In the MIDI Assign dialog box, select the script that you created from the list of available actions. Then, click on the Add button and select the MIDI input device that you want to use.

Once you have assigned the script to a MIDI input device, you will be able to use the Select Buttons on the KeyLab Mk2 61 to arm and disarm tracks in Reaper.

Please note that this is just a basic example and you may need to modify the script to fit your specific needs. For example, you may want to add additional buttons to control other tracks, or you may want to change the way that the script handles MIDI CC messages.

1 Like

The Keylab Mk2 61’s Select Buttons are primarily designed to select tracks in DAW mode. However, you can configure them to also arm tracks using MIDI scripting. Here’s how to do it:

1. Install Mackie Control Universal (MCU)

MCU is a MIDI control protocol that allows third-party controllers, like the Keylab Mk2 61, to interact with DAWs. Reaper supports MCU, so you’ll need to install the MCU template to enable advanced control over Reaper using the Keylab Mk2 61.

2. Download the MCU Template for Reaper

Go to the Arturia website and download the MCU template for Reaper. This template will provide the necessary MIDI mappings to allow the Select Buttons to arm tracks.

3. Import the MCU Template into Reaper

Open Reaper and go to Options > Preferences > MIDI > Control Surfaces . Click the Add button and select Mackie Control Universal .

4. Load the Arturia Keylab Mk2 61 Preset

In the Control Surface window, under Presets , select Arturia Keylab Mk2 61 . This will load the preset that includes the MIDI mappings for the Select Buttons to arm tracks.

5. Enable Track Arming with Select Buttons

Go to Actions > Show Action List . In the search bar, type “Arm track on selected track” and locate the action. Right-click on the action and select “Bind to MIDI note” . In the MIDI note popup, select the MIDI note corresponding to the Select Button you want to use for arming tracks. Repeat this process for each Select Button you want to use for arming tracks.

Now, when you press a Select Button in DAW mode, it will both select and arm the corresponding track in Reaper.