Use my KeyLab 88 to control both V Collection and GForce M-Tron Pro softwares

Hi there,

Well, I suppose the wording used for this topic is pretty explicit and yes, while I love and regularly use all instruments featuring in the V Collection (I’m a version 9 so far), I would still like to be able to use the GForce M-Tron Pro sotfware for some specific patches.
Issue is I can’t seem to declare my KeyLab 88 as my Midi input controller for both applications. It’s one or the other. I’m sure there’s a workaround for this, but haven’t been able to find it yet, hence this call for help!
All the best, thanks for your response/s and Merry XMas!
Hervé

Hi @hlg and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

Your midi controller is just a midi controller so, depending on how you’re trying to do this, it should be possible.

Are you using standalone versions or plugins in a DAW?

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest from Arturia.

Thanks,Mat,

To answer your question: I’m using standalone versions of both s/w. I’m quite sure things would be different (and easier) in a DAW situation.

Best,

Hervé

Hi @hlg

Yes you’re correct in that this is very straight forward with a DAW to route your midi.

I’m not currently near my machine so it’s a bit difficult to link on this device, but it MIGHT be possible to use something like midi ox, if on Windows, to route midi that way.
Failing that, you could use a plugin host like NanoHost, gig performer etc, I’m sure there are many other plugin hosts available.
You’d have to check their functionality, but there should be one out there to suit your particular needs.
HTH!

Hi Mat,
Thanks for your time! Will look into your suggestions, thanks again and Joyeux Noël !
Hervé

1 Like