Trojan in Arturia Software Center updater

Hi!

I have just updated Arturia Software Center and my Windows Security reported detection of Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml - . Can someone from Arturia support explain what is going on?

3 Likes

Here is the screenshot with Windows Security report:

HI Kardics and welcome to the forum.

This is just likekly to be a ‘false positive’. So long as you got your ASC directly from Arturia’s server.
Have you tried scanning with Malwarebytes too? You can get a free version if you don’t have it already.
This sort of thing does crop up from time to time.

1 Like

Hi @kordics thanks for reaching out and welcome to our Sond Explorers community!

In order to help you better please log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

1 Like

Hi!

The ASC software has been downloaded from directly from Arturia’s servers. Since first trojan report, I have scanned my computers several times. Each time the reports were negative. So, I guess the first report was a “false positive”.

Best regards,
Stevan

2 Likes

That’s great to hear and thanks for the follow up post to let people know :grinning:
I’ve had similar false positives over the years with various bits of music software.

1 Like

It’s always wiser to be suspicious.
When it (rarely) happens, I check with Eset online scanner.

I see that this post was back in August but I just had this happen to me as well but in a different file. It detected Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\updater.exe after installing the latest ASC version (2.7.1.2466) today. Anyone else come across this latest iteration?

Just got the same error message from my Windows Security; Googling it led me to this page. Here’s what Windows Security says in my Protection History:
Detected: Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml
Date: 2023-12-30 3:12 PM
Affected items: file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\updater.exe

Hey @fbherr
Great to see you’ve made it here to the new Sound Explorers Forum!

As you can see from the posts above yours, if you’ve only downloaded ASC from Arturia, then it’s pretty much DEFINITELY a false positive.

HTH!

Thanks very much @matjones ! Yes, got it via ASC so I’m not worried, but thought I should post the info anyway in case it’s helpful to Arturia’s developers at all. Thanks for your reply and happy new year!

1 Like

@fbherr
That’s good to hear and thanks for letting us know, much appreciated!