Talkback - what am i doing wrong?

i love my audiofuse, the hardware/software design is great, the feature set is perfect for my needs.

however, i cannot get the talkback to work. when activated, i can just barely see activity on the meters. there is no sound when routed either via the control center or on channels 5/6 in ableton.

on the old forum there are reports of similar issues.

am i doing something wrong? i would use this feature regularly if it was working.

1 Like

Hey @kiimyo welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

Thanks so much for sharing this topic, I found this information on the AudioFuse Manual, the outputs and level can be set in the AudioFuse Control Center, did you tried to hold the TALK BACK button while speaking?

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 11.46.43

Also make sure you have installed the last version of the firmware for the AF and the AFCC.

Hope this information will help you, otherwise I strongly suggest you to log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Let’s keep exploring :zap:

1 Like

i did some more testing. i have been holding the talkback button down. the firmware is the latest and the afcc is as well.

during the latest test, i briefly got a moment of feedback after pressing the button so i turned the volume down.

however, after bringing the volume back up i still see very little or no activity in the afcc display section for the talkback.

repeated efforts/adjustments didn’t result in feedback again. there were no mics attached to the unit at the time. even when maxed (talkback volume in the afcc) i see nothing.

as you suggest, i’ll file a support request.

thanks for your suggestions.

ps: is the mic located at about 1pm on the main volume dial?

1 Like