Split keyboard in Pigments

Can anyone help on this question?

When I use Arturia Analogue Lab it has a ‘keyboard settings’ section at the bottom of the screen to adjust the keyboard split for multi/split patches. I can’t see how to achieve this in Pigments, although the patches are still designated as multi/split in the soundbanks.

I did get ChatGPT to do a search of the manual but the explanation was impossible to follow and I couldn’t find the settings it mentions.

Any help gratefully received

1 Like

Pigments does not do keyboard splits like Analog Lab does.

Analog Lab can do that because each of its presets can contain two separate Parts (each of which could be a complete Pigments preset), and each Part can have its own key range. Pigments applies its sound engines to all keys.

1 Like

I’ve now done some more reading and realise that ALL the Pigments libraries are made available to Analog Lab V as Arturia instruments share the same Presets.

So to achieve what I wanted to do I can just use Analog Lab, create a combined patch with two instruments and split them across the keyboard

All the above is correct. However, there is a way to split the keyboard in Pigments. It’s not perfect and it does come with some restrictions. It is based on Pigments ability to split the destination of the 2 Engines between the two Filters and the 2 FX Inserts. and the use of the Keyboard mapping to set the Volumes of the two independant signal paths. The main restriction is that Pigments has one hardcoded Envelope to control Amplitude (a bugbear of mine). So, to use this method, that envelope must be set to maximum Release and Envelopes 2 and 3 used to control the Amplitude of Engines 1 and 2 instead.

I have used this method many times in my patches… Also remember that Velocity could be used to switch between the two Engines instead of Keyboard Mapping.

I hope that doesnt confuse matters.

I attach an example:

Pigments_Preset_Split Keyboard Example.pgtx (118.2 KB)

PS. You could also set the Keyboard Mapping to a slope so that the 2 Engines overlap with each Engine at the bottom and top of the keyboard and merged in the middle. The possibilities are endless. when used on other aspects of Pigments.

4 Likes