Sound Explorers Collection 2 Belledonne (upgrade from V Collection 9 ?)

Having taken the offer to buy the V Collection 9 and then later Pigments 4 then I am rather annoyed that there appear to be no upgrade path to the ‘full’ Sound Explorers Collection 2 Belledonne for owners of V Collection 9 and more.
So I would like to suggest that people like I who already have bought the V Collection 9 and lPigments 4 are given the opportunity to upgrade to the Sound Explorers Collection 2 Belledonne at a really nice price that reflects the products already bought ! And , I will confess , I will expect to be able to do so even cheaper also at the sales ! Thank you !
I already asked support a while back but were simply told that that could not happen !
I have to say that I do not understand Arturia’s position / behavior on this subject / topic ! I mean ! what ? you expect me to buy two of the four products and then pay for everything all over again ? (and seeing the existence of the ‘Sound Explorers Collection 2 Belledonne’ then it’s unlikely that I will buy the two remaining products separately without a considerable discount !)
I already have a lot of software, including of other makes, so it’s not like I am sitting there with a extreme need but still I’d like to ‘complete’ my Arturia software collection ! So ! , for what it is worth then I hope that Arturia will change it’s policy on this subject to a more accommodating one !
My keyboard is not Arturia but I seriously consider buying a KeyLab controller at a later point (when I have the money) but with my software purchases I already consider myself an Arturia customer and as such I’d like to feel that customers are valued and treated as such !
Kind regards !

Welcome to the forum. Although I understand your desire, phrasing in such a passive aggressive tone may not be the best approach. I don’t think Arturia are obliged to spell out their marketing policy any more than explaining their operating costs or profit margins. Perhaps if others are seeking the same upgrade path, Arturia may consider it. So, why not start by asking here if others are interested?

What 'passive aggressive tone ’ ?
This ‘passive aggressive’ accusation I think is referring to an interpretation which rests a lot with the reader ! You honestly makes me think that I am in the presence of some American therapist or something rather than another forum member… .
Also I don’t get your ‘asking here if others are interested’ either. I am referring to the ‘shopping possibilities’ in an internet shop as well as the upgrade capabilities of a products that is sold as both ‘stand alone’ as well as part of a bundle ! What would I , or anyone else for that matter, care if others want what I/we want ? People not interested can just not buy and people like me could just buy if they got a nice offer.
Mind you ! , I see this as the completely same thing as with my Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol xx software. I can start with Komplete xx Select and then upgrade on a daily basis as well during sales as suits me ! :
Komplete xx Update prices and Upgrade prices
Why should Arturia offer me any less possibilities ? Just because it doesn’t suit you to have better shopping or Update/Upgrade possibilities ! ?

And now I am offered an upgrade to have FX collection , which is also part of the Sound Explorers Collection 2 Belledonne (albeit the offered is V.4 and the one in collection is V.3). But still I am not offered any upgrade from V Collection 9 to Sound Explorers Collection 2 Belledonne ! : https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments-effects/sound-explorers-collection/overview
And I am not offered an ‘upgrade’ to get the full Exploration Sound Library either for that matter : https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments-effects/sound-explorers-collection/overview#sounds

Wow imagine if you weren’t so self-entitled the kind of deals they might personally offer you as an existing customer.

HI @Merlin and welcome to our Sound Explorers Forum.

As you stated in your first post…

so, although it’s perfectly acceptable to post a request asking if this might be reconsidered, your post could have been worded better.
As Support have already said, it’s not going to happen and if it ever does happen then it’s likely it would be announced through the usual channels.

If you want to know about any potential ‘deals’ that may or may not happen it’s a good idea to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about them.

HTH!

I did (subscribe to the newsletter) , BLACK FRIDAY 50% OFF FLAGSHIP SOFTWARE : With offers on Software that I already got , that is the V Collection , Analog Lab Pro and Pigments
and then of course an offer on the FX Collection that I am not going to buy separately !

But you know , I thought that this is the free speech section ! Do you see me go to other parts of the forum with similar posts ? NO !

And yet it is apparently completely acceptable that every time one posts then other people (apparently ‘fanboys’) come along and one way or the other tries to silent one ! And for what ? For asking for better offers ! Like we do not all like great offers.
But you know what ! I don’t need people like you ! Negativity and aggression I can pick up any time anywhere , including on the internet , if expressing even the slightest in difference of opinion to that which is the popular one. So don’t expect me to come back here for more that often.
Despite how other people try to make me appear or try to goad me into being then I do not use foul language or act unpleasant despite however people try to paint me. But I will take it all ‘as noted’ and if I ever should want to have any communication with Aturia again then it will not be at this place or here that’s for sure !
(No ! , this is not about me not getting what I would like, this is about the rest of you and the way you behave towards other people when you are not satisfied with the topic or with what is expressed !)

So the facts are, there currently is not an upgrade path that suits your needs. There was a tone you could have adopted to ask Arturia what likelihood there would be of it ever materialising, but you didn’t use it. It’s amazing that you can’t see that you’ve gone about it completely the wrong way, and anyone who basically hands you an olive-branch to come back in a slightly better way is a fanboy.

Absolutely remarkable narcissism.

1 Like

Hi all,

Some guidelines and thoughts that can be good to consider when opening and replying to a topic: FAQ/Guidelines

1 Like

I apologise. I was guilty of replying to the tone as well as the content. I hope that now the issue has been answered by Arturia we can all move on.

1 Like