Sharing project with my son - pigments not working

Hello peeps.
My son sent me his project folder. He’s on Mac I’m on PC. Everything opens fine but there is no sound, and I cannot open Pigments from the tracks on my DAW as I usually would. Someone on the Studio One forum suggested perhaps we are using different VST versions… I have just re-installed Pigments and did not see any place to choose to install both VST2 and VST3. How do I do that… this may be the problem, perhaps my son was using VST2 (he’s away at work now and cannot look at his home DAW)

If he used AU version, I suppose there is no way of knowing which presets he used without waiting for him to be back at his DAW?
Thanks,
Mark.

HI @mark.palmos and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum!

I take it you used the ASC app to install? It sounds like it as you said you had no option to choose which version/s to install.

It also sounds like you might have ‘silent install’ enabled in ASC…

If you log into ASC as normal, then look at the top right hand corner, you’ll see your account email address and above that it’ll say ‘Welcome (your name)’… click on this and choose ‘preferences’ from the drop down menu.
Click ‘advanced’ on the box that pops up and you’ll see ‘Silent install and download size optimization’ as the bottom option, uncheck this is it’s checked.

Let us know if this works for you…

You might want to uninstall Pigments firs though…

HTH!

1 Like

Hi Mat,
I downloaded the exe from Arturia and installed vst 2 and 3, but I’ve now found out that he used AU on his mac! AAUUGGGHH… apple corporation shows it’s ugly controlling head again… Also he created custom sounds, so it’s a very large hassle to do this properly… next time he will hopefully use vst3 so we can talk to one another!
Cheers mate,
Mark.

PS, “silent” was indeed turned on… it’s off now! Thanks.

@mark.palmos

Thanks for the update.

If he wants, he can uninstall Pigments via the ASC, just go to the product tab for Pigments and you can do it from there, then reinstall it using ASC, now ‘Silent Install’ is off; he SHOULD get the option to install which versions he chooses.

Keep us updated, hopefully it should work just fine now.