RME Fireface UC + Audiofuse X8 out for CV

Hello,

I am thinking about going with the Audiofuse X8 out quasi only for adding DC coupled outputs as I am using puredata to generate CV for my synths.

If I route the PureData software outputs to the ADAT outputs of the Fireface, I assume they are then sent to the Audiofuse through the digital connection between the two interfaces. The Audiofuse gets the numbers through the connection, converts to analog, and outputs the CV since it is DC coupled.

Here are my questions :

• Has this kind of multi brand system been tested ?
  • Am I right in assuming the Audiofuse will output the correct CV even if there is an ADAT jump in the chain ? I guess 1 and 0 are transmitted as is with no alteration through ADAT.
  • I suppose there is some kind of mixing/managing software (like TotalMix for RME) attached to the Audiofuse. Is it known if they play nice together or will it be a headache ? Or maybe I can go completely without connecting the AUdiofuse to the computer since it is just an ADAT extension an I do not need to worry about conflicts or ASIO stuff ?

Thank you

I auto reply to myself. After reading the manual, I realize it is completely computer free usage.

Only the questions about CV remain.