Reorganizing factory presets?

Hi there! I’m really loving my AstroLab so far.

One thing that would be fantastic is to be able to rearrange the order of the factory presets so that my favorite ones would be the first in the list when I press piano, for example.

I’ve studied the manual and played around in the AstroLab connect software and the AnalogLab software. I realize I can save things as favorites and scroll through them that way, or make a playlist with favorites organized by song, but neither is ideal. The favorites option doesn’t seem to allow you to categorize presets and jump around by category quickly, and the playlist option requires a lot of scrolling to change from song to song, and then preset to preset.

For me, the best workflow would be to press the button for a type of instrument and be able to access my favorites for that instrument immediately, in the first several presents in the list.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Note that I only have the free version of AnalogLab if that makes a difference.

If there isn’t, I would humbly suggest that you please consider it for a future firmware update, if possible.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me some clarity.

Dan

the best workflow would be to press the button for a type of instrument and be able to access my favorites for that instrument immediately

Yes, it does this, but the trick is to hold the Type button for 2-3 seconds:
In the HOME menu, select the “Liked Presets” icon (or a User bank)
→ Presets are now filtered to show only your liked presets (or presets in the User bank).
→ the Type buttons light-up (dimmed) to show which types have Liked presets (or which types have presets in the User bank).
Now, press and hold the desired Type key for 2-3 seconds (instead of a quick press).
→ you will now browse only your liked presets (or User bank presets) for the selected Type.

Pressing any Type button quickly selects the type and clears the selected filter (Liked, User, …) at the same time, so you can browse the entire preset library.

Note that I only have the free version of AnalogLab

You know that once you register your AstroLab to your Arturia account and activate it in the ASC (Arturia Software Center), you get access to the full version of Analog Lab Pro, right?

1 Like

Thank you so much for this quick and very helpful response! That is exactly the guidance I was hoping for, and I am very glad to be able to easily switch between favorite presets of different types.

1 Like

yes i was thinking the exact same thing.
I got a similar reply from Support which is to a degree helpful.
I would really love to be able to just press one Button
Like Piano and see all my favourite pianos right there and then… at top without have to scroll through any clutter whatsoever.

It be nice to just click a butotn and say ‘‘hide’’ on the astrolab or something.
I was ready to go and delete all the presets i didn’t want… but that’s a pain…
Anyways i’ll keep trying L:)

1 Like

Actually, using the proposed solution for a day or so, I agree. It’s a little annoying to have to go and select the favorites option first, and if you accidentally don’t long press something you are back into the factory presets and have to start over.

To me, the easiest solution would be to allow us to factory presets that we don’t want, And ideally to put them in whatever order we want.

2 Likes