Until they come out with an amazing update (or a KSP 2), I have to look else where for a production machine. What would you recommend?
Important for me are:
- some kind of song mode. This means, I’d like to be able to arrange patterns (no matter if they have different lengths) in succession, press play and after 3 minutes I can press stop and my song with Intro, Chorus and Refrain is done, should I wish to do so. 64 bar chains on the KSP is way to short (and they don’t save for me anyway).
- the song mode requires a good amount of steps to be possible of course.
- higher resolution in MIDI data per step. Sometimes when I record, the KSP chokes and leaves out note data.
- must be able to do odd measures like 7/8, 5/4 etc
- CV outs would be a bonus, but not a requirement.
- be reasonably portable (not a studio only device) to gig with.
- I could do without an internal keyboard (although I love that the KSP has one!).
- fast backup and management of files to PC (preferably in a non proprietary way. It would be great to be able to edit MIDI data on PC if I wish and then transfer the file back to the KSP) with the ability to recombine projects maybe from other backups.
- I can imagine having sound files on the device would be a nice addition, but this isn’t a must have for me.
So far I found:
- Akai MPC Live 2, One+ (or Force)
Any users have experience with those devices and the KSP and could recommend which way to go?