Problems with FL Studio 20

Hi!

I am trying to work with FL Studio 20 and I cannot connect the Keylab Essential 49 to the DAW. Having the MIDI controller in “DAW” mode and following the instructions in the PDF manual, it seems that the controller does not recognize FL Studio.

FL Studio does detect the Keylab since it appears in the MIDI settings, however, the Keylab does not detect FL Studio because it does not allow me to perform any action with the program. The FL Studio MIDI settings are as you can see in the PDF manual. Please help me.

Hi @josemarialuna ,

I don’t have an Arturia controller.
Have you set the controller up as a DAW surface controller like you can read here: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741358738-KeyLab-Essential-Tips-Tricks

Your controller need to be connected to your DAW so it both can work as a keyboard controller and to control your DAW.

1 Like

Hey @josemarialuna welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

As @LBH mentions you’ll find the info on the link.

Here is a screenshot from it with the steps to configure FL Studio with your KL-Essential.

You’ll need to setup this from our MIDI Control Center.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best :zap:

If I configure the controller with the Mackie, the only thing that works are the keys, the rest of the components such as the faders, the pads, or even the play and stop buttons do not work.

I attach a screenshot of how the configuration looks like after following the PDF tutorial from
: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-essential-mk3/resources

I see @josemarialuna If you followed the tutorial for FL Studio and you configured from the MIDI Control Center it’s not a normal behaviour.

In order to help you better please log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

Had the same problem with FL Studio 20.7.2, tried several things but nothing worked, as soon as i tried it on FL Studio 21 everything worked as advertised except for soft pickup/ midi takeover.

Hello, the latest version for FL Studio is out, (until the next of course).
Good luck .
Musical friendships.
PH.
FL Studio 21.1 Latest Release (8 Aug 2023) | Forum (image-line.com)

2 Likes