Problem with 2.0 USB ASIO driver in Windows 11

Hello! I own Audiofuse Rev 2. For some reason, on my main computer I can only use the old USB driver version 4.67.0 that came with Control Center As soon as I install the new Control Center and driver 2.0, all my music software stops seeing the ASIO device. However, sound works well in Windows.

The new driver only works well when connecting the interface to another computer that has never been used with it before. Whereas I previously had Audiofuse Rev 1 connected to my main computer.

When installing a new driver, the following device-related events are present in Device Manager:

The device TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1C75&PID_AF02&KS\7&11ca37d7&1&1 requires further installation.

The device settings for TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1C75&PID_AF02&KS\7&11ca37d7&1&1 were not migrated from the previous OS installation due to a partial or ambiguous device match.

Latest device instance code: TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1C75&PID_AF02&KS\8&a0f3b01&0&1
Class GUID: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location path:
Move rank: 0xF000C000FFFFF102
Present: false
Status: 0xC0000451

The device TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1C75&PID_AF02&KS\7&11ca37d7&1&1 is configured.

Driver name: oem256.inf
Class GUID: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Driver date: 06/29/2023
Driver version:
Driver supplier: Arturia
Driver section: _Install_0.NTamd64
Driver rank: 0xFF0001
Corresponding device ID: TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1C75&PID_AF02&KS
Drivers with lower rank:
Device updated: false
Parent device: USB\VID_1C75&PID_AF02\6&18cb0245&0&1

There was a problem starting the device TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1C75&PID_AF02&KS\7&11ca37d7&1&1.

Driver name: oem256.inf
Class GUID: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: audiofuseusbaudioks
Bottom filters:
Top filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Please tell me what can I do to fix the problem?


I’m sorry you encountered such issue.

Can you ensure that the previous 4.67 driver have been well uninstalled ?
If you have both 4.67 and 2.0 installed it may lead to the ambiguous device match.

In theory, the AFCC 2.2.x installers are uninstalling the 4.67 driver but that’s possible that it failed and get you in this situation.


Thanks for the answer. I not only removed the driver, but also tried to clear everything that remained after it: folders in program files and programdata, undeleted driver files in the c:\windows\system32 folder, and even all keys mentioning Audiofuse in the system registry. I also installed the new driver before and after connecting the device to the computer. And I also assumed that the problem might be related to the connection to USB 3.0 and tried using other connectors, including USB 2.0. Nothing helped.

I have such an idea. In the Task Manager, the following paths are specified in the “Driver File Information” window:


Can information about the old driver remain in these system files? If so, how do I remove it from there without reinstalling Windows?

You really should avoid touching system32 files.
Also, I recommend you to contact our support team.

It should be .sys, that’s weird.

Let’s try to fully clean install.


  1. Please unplug any Arturia devices from the computer before starting.
  2. Please be sure to uninstall both drivers.
  3. Delete C:\Program Files\Arturia\AudioFuseUSBAudioDriver if exists
  4. Delete C:\Program Files\Arturia\ArturiaUSBAudioDriver if exists
  5. Delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\arturiausbaudioks.sys if you have it (and/or the .system)
  6. Delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\audiofuseusbaudioks.sys if you have it (and/or the .system)
  7. Go in regedit and remove Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\Arturia ASIO Driver and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\AudioFuse ASIO Driver
  8. Reboot your computer

For more information, our support team will be better to answer your questions as this is a pretty complicated problem that I may have difficulties to fix here.

I’m sorry, my mistake. The phone I was texting from has fixed the file extension.

Unfortunately, I’ve already done all this and even more. The situation is the same even after deep cleaning of the drivers.

I tried to put a clean Windows on an empty disk on the same computer. The driver is installed and working, so the problem is not in the hardware.

The problem was solved by using the Sysprep Windows feature. It unlinks the system from all the old drivers. Of course, I had to reinstall them all, but now everything works.

1 Like

Waouw ! I wasn’t aware of this Windows tool.

I’m glad that it solved your issue, and I’m also glad you make me discovered it and shared the solution here.

Thanks !

1 Like