Power supply connector format and USB cable to PC/Mac

Hello everyone,
A few basic questions but I could not get it clearly for the userman:

• what is the exact size (inner and outer diameters) of the power supply connector ?
  • about the USB cable, this is USB-C on Keylab side, but PC/Mac side, can it be USB-A 3.0 or 3.1 only (I have no USB C connector on my old iMac) ? Or shall it be USB-C too ?? I have a doubt about the power delivery of USB 3.1…
  • Is it possible to use both, Power for the … power and USB for data only ?

Thank you for your help - hoping I dont have to by a new Mac tomorrow :slight_smile:

PS: my Keylab 61 mk3 will arrive tomorrow :smiley:

For the cables, the computer side should be able to handle USB-A. (I don’t have a mk3, so I can’t confirm that, but I haven’t run into any music gear that needs USB-C on both ends.)

I wouldn’t plug in both USB and a power adapter at the same time. It probably wouldn’t damage anything, but it could cause noise problems.

I am pretty sure that the specs for the power supply on the MK3 is the exact same as the MK2

as for the usb port on the back. USB-C is just a port shape, not a specification. I;ve used usb-c to usb-a cables without a problem. Ive used for an older device a usb-c to usb-b cable without an issue, its actually all just the usb2 port just with a usb-c connector on the back,

And as for running it with both a 12v (what I have) power plug and using the usb-c connector to plug into a computer. that is the way I do it as standard.

If you look closely at the web page, for the mk3, under “what’s in the box” it says it comes with a “USB-A to USB-C cable”. So you should be set! Funny enough, it does not come with a C to C cable (the AudioFuse 16Rig I have came with both).

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-mk3/overview

Ohh, corect - and confirmed !

Thank you all,
All set !
USB A to USB C works fine on my old mac, no power issue there.
About the Power supply, confirmed too the 5.5 / 2.1 mm jack same as MK2 - but no yet used so I cannot tell about USB / Power supply possible conflict (I expect none).