PolyBrute Connect fix with new MacOS

I’ve had a long term issue with PolyBrute Connect on my Mac not connecting to the PolyBrute immediately after the PB powers up. I always had to unplug my USB hub from the Mac and then plug it back in. This continued even after the 3.0 firmware release. I upgraded to MacOS Sonoma 14.0 the other day and noticed that this is no longer a problem. I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem but you might give this a try if you do. I’m running a MacBook Pro with an M2 processor and using the 3.0 firmware/PolyBrute Connect. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi @Kretzpah

Hey that’s great news!
Thanks for posting that.
I’ll mark it as 'solved ’ as other users might find it helpful!

I had a similar issue with my Keylab 61 Mk II and solved it by installing the MacOS utility Amphetamine which prevents MacOS sleeping issues that can USB connected audio interfaces and devices from ‘disconnecting’ from a Mac when a Mac sleeps - essentially the original posters issue.
I post this because upgrading to Sonoma right now may cause issues for some users with other third-party plugins that are not yet Sonoma compatible.

2 Likes

Hi @Simpl3Sim0n and welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

Many thanks for posting that, i’m sure that will be useful to others!

Ps
If you haven’t already, then please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about them.

1 Like

I was experiencing an issue with my Arturia Minifuse 2 always disconnecting when my Mac went to sleep, whic sent me on the hunt for someting like Amphetamine. Since I installed it had zero unwanted disconnects…

1 Like