Origin Firmware Update Issue & no "Owner" info saved?

Hi guys.

Recently took a gamble on a dead Origin desktop!

To cut a long story short, after around 6 weeks of diagnosis / ordering parts / fitting parts and about £120 later, last weekend I actually saw it boot up!! Red LED’s on the front panel, crowd scene then main screen…jubilation…!!

Well…not QUITE…yet!

I downloaded the firmware updates 1.3.5 and 1.4.1, along with the Origin Connection software.
I installed Connection 1.4.1, it found my Origin fine. I started the F/W update process and it did the presets backup fine.
But when it started the update after the reboot / OK part, after around 20 seconds it said something about a DSP-related , non-important failure (?), and said to re-start the update process.
When I did this, it just repeated the above…
I then tried 1.3.5…same story.

Also, I have noticed that every time I reboot Origin, it comes up with the enter name thing: it doesn’t seem to be able to store / remember this info? Is this related to some sort of “BIOS style” battery backup, maybe…? It’s similar to what I’ve seen on PC’s in the past.

It just defaults to “first start up” mode?

The final thing was that I had no sound, initially. The headphones were dead, the demo songs played nothing, etc, MIDI keyboard did nothing.
However, I have managed to fix this issue with the “re-boot holding 0,1,2 down”-sequence.

After doing this, I have full sound output, demo’s working and midi kbd functionality…

…but it still doesn’t remember my name…!! lol! And the firmware update still does the same

Any suggestions welcomed…btw, It’s running firmware version 1.0.7

Cheers.
G.

Some form of backup battery replacement would be my first guess, at least for the data retention. If you haven’t seen it yet, there’s service documentation linked on the old forum. It looks like you need Google Drive approval to see them, so hopefully they will respond to that.

1 Like

Thanks, Talamahut!

I have got docs, schems, etc…it doesn’t look like there’s a battery, like on a PC mobo…which is unfortunate…lol!

That would be an easy fix!

But that means it could be a little trickier to sort… :frowning: ?

1 Like

Hi @GregNouveau and welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

Sorry to hear this, I think the best thing you could do would be to log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

Ps
If you haven’t already, please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest news from Arturia.

Hello,
I have an Origin that has the same issue as some from the last forum(frozen at startup & there was the issue of when choosing Preset unit locks-up) . Is there anyway I can get the two documents, the schematics & tech notes? I can’t get that old link from 2014 to work. Thanks

Puis-je avoir les deux docs de service? Merci

HI @Bleu and welcome to our Sound Explorers Forum.

The only real advice i can give you is as above i’m afraid, the best thing to do would be to log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest news from Arturia.