New song with Memory V and Jup-8 V4; will return favor!

I put a new song in my music website called “Do That Which is Right”; it is the song on top. This song has Arturia Memory V and Jup-8 V4 and some some non-Arturia synths. Male vocals: aardvark. Female vocals: Felicia. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I will return the favor. Leave me a link if you don’t have a recent thread. Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/aaronaardvark/?content=songs

2 Likes

Hi Aaron,

bearing in mind my poor knowledge of rock, independent and alternative, I like the slower funky tempo. The bass line supporting the funky tempo is simpler and more efficient IMO. Your voice is more controlled and more plain and simpler and I would say more efficient. I like the doubling in higher pitch. I would say the same of the lead solo. The voice doubling the lead near the end is a great idea.

Opening few bars remind me of Kraftwerk for some reason…
It’s got that ‘stoner, lo-fi’ vibe going on for sure, Sparks spring to mind when the female vox kick in.
Whole thing definitely reminds me of Sparks… kind of.

Hope that’s useful! :+1::sunglasses::+1:

By the way, you probably know that Catherine Ringer of the Rita Mitsuko duo worked with Sparks. What a great voice she had!
Il like Qu’est-ce que t’es belle (YouTube) with Marc Lavoine. It reminds me of Soft Cell’s Say Hello Wave Goodby.

francoise & matjones,
Thank you for listening to my song and commenting! I appreciate it! I like some Kraftwerk and Sparks songs, so I like the comparison. Except for “Cool Places” (with Jane Wiedlin of The Go-Go’s), I couldn’t think of any Sparks songs with female vocals. I had never heard that Sparks song with Rita Mitsuko before, that I can recall: I liked it.

1 Like

Russell does to A LOT of falsetto vocals, along with the rest of the track combined, is what gives it that Sparks vibe i think.
Hope that makes a bit more sense.

matjones,
Thank you for replying. Yes, the Sparks singer can sing quite high in pitch.