Minifuse 4 colide with samsung magician drive utility

Hi guys, I recently bought Minifuse 4. I had problem to connect it to my PC with Win 11. It showed as a drive for few seconds and than disappeared, if I turn Minifuse off and back on, same thing happened and so on over again. I tried reinstall usb and sata drivers, reinstalled chipset and still same. Then I tried shut down various running processes to see if there is not an collision. Finally I find out, problem is caused by Samsung magician hard drive utility. If I shut down running processes associated with Samsung magician, than problem disappear, and system can see minifuse without any problem or disconnection. What can I do about it? I need Samsung Magician, its quite good app.

Hi @davidmara and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

I think you’ve diagnosed your own issue there, it’s your hard drive utility software causing the issue.
I’m just wondering why you need to have it running during a session using your MiniFuse?
If you’re using modern SSDs/HDs there should be no reason to as they should be more than sufficient, unless you are running HUGE projects running a massive amount of audio files concurrently and/ have some kind of ‘striped’ disc setup.

Why not just unload the Samsung software before a session with your MF4 and then run it when you’re not using the MF4?

HTH!

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest from Arturia.

Sorry but your problem is not a question for Arturia. It is a question for Samsung: why is their software causing your computer to not recognise external audio interfaces properly.