Love my Minifreak, but the VST has randomly sticking keys on the GUI - no hanging notes, but sticking keys. It’s happening on the standalone version. Anyone know what’s happening?
Hey @joshhumble welcome to our Sound Explorers community!
Thanks for sharing this information, in order to help you better please log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.
I recently had something similar happen to me and I solved it by reinstalling
I don’t know if you already tried it, otherwise the best option is always to write an email to arturia support.
I’ve already done so, but haven’t heard back other than the automated queue notice.
Unfortunately, I’m down a deeper rabbit hole. Tried to uninstall from the software center, and it wouldn’t do so, nor would it reinstall, and clear prefs didn’t do anything. I finally tried to uninstall manually on my Mac, and while it’s no longer on my computer, the software center still recognizes it, and won’t reinstall it. So I’m stuck without, and really, I’ll prob just keep it that way. Whenever software gets too buggy, I just move on. We got music to produce.
Hi @joshhumble. Welcome to the community.
To me it sounds like Arturia Software Center (ASC), your system or both have an issue.
I suggest you try and reinstall ASC.
I’ve not noticed any graphical hanging keys.
I’m on Windows and can’t tell if there is an issue on MAC, but you are the first i’ve seen reporting this issue in MiniFreak V. Hopefully Arturia support will reply soon. Please keep in mind, that you will not hear anything in weekends.
I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems with the VST version of your Minifreak. Here are a few things you can try to fix the sticking keys:
- Restart your computer. This can sometimes fix minor software glitches.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Minifreak VST installed. You can download the latest version from the Arturia website.
- Try opening the Minifreak VST in a different DAW. It’s possible that there is a conflict between the Minifreak VST and your current DAW.
- Try disabling any other VST plugins that you’re using. It’s also possible that there is a conflict between the Minifreak VST and another plugin.
- Try resetting the Minifreak VST to its factory settings. You can do this by clicking the Reset button in the top right corner of the VST window.
If you’ve tried all of the above and the sticking keys are still happening, you may need to contact Arturia support for help.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting VST problems:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of your DAW installed.
- Try disabling any unnecessary plugins.
- Try increasing the buffer size in your DAW.
- Try running your DAW in administrator mode.
- Try updating your audio drivers.
If you’re still having problems, try searching for help online or contacting the developer of the VST plugin.