MiniFreak: dry signal almost silent, audio only audible through FX wet signal

Hi everyone,

I’m having a very strange issue with my MiniFreak hardware.

The main symptom is:

The dry signal is almost completely silent.
If I increase the Wet amount of any FX, the sound becomes audible, but only as the processed FX signal.

So for example:

  • FX off → almost no sound / silence
  • FX on + Wet increased → sound appears
  • the sound I hear is clearly the effected signal, not the normal dry signal

This happens directly from the MiniFreak headphone output , so no audio interface, cables or external routing are involved.

Other details:

  • Factory presets in MiniFreak V sound normal
  • The same presets on the hardware are silent or extremely quiet
  • I restored the full FACTORY bank with “Send to MiniFreak” at least 3 times
  • I upgraded to firmware 5.0.0
  • I also downgraded the hardware to 4.0.1
  • Installed MiniFreak V 4.0.2 and restored the factory bank again
  • Power-cycled and tested the synth standalone
  • Same issue on both firmware versions
  • Analog calibration also fails/stops at 84%

Arturia Support already confirmed that there is a current preset-corruption bug after updating, but reflashing the factory bank did not fix my problem.

At this point it looks more like the dry audio path / VCA / internal routing is failing rather than just corrupted presets.

Has anyone seen this exact behaviour before — no dry signal, but FX wet signal still audible ?

Any ideas before I send the unit for hardware repair?