Micro jazz featuring Spark

Micro jazz featuring Spark
A (too long) jazz example of Arturia Spark drum vst.
With MicroFreak bass (sample mode).
Pigments lofi Speakeasy Hip Hop bank, Ascendant Roads and Little Louis (Armstrong) presets

2 Likes

Hey @francoise

Just listening now mate…

Intro is interesting, reminds me of Herbie Hancock a little, particularly his Death Wish soundtrack.
The Melodica? Is VERY ‘French’ sounding…

The Celeste or Electric piano reminds me a little of Chic Corea in parts, particularly some of the Return to Forever stuff he did.

Ah, i think the ‘melodica’ is a sax? VERY tricky to get a sampled/modelled sax just right… i like what you’ve done with it as it makes it sound more like a melodica.

Some interesting percussion reminiscent of the CR78 and i like the ‘dreamier’ chords on the electric piano/celeste toward the end.

Really interesting and at times ‘challenging’ track mate!

Well done! :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I’m listening to the Death Wish soundtrack while writing.
A funky beat with ambient ambiance. Hancock is usually much more complex (Dolphin Dance!). The Corea I know is in duet with vibraphonist Gary Burton. I saw him in concert in Quebec city.

The presets in the Speakeasy bank are deliberately lofi. The Melodica is supposed to be a very lofi trumpet. I played and still play trumpet a little and saxes much more.

Thank you for the kind words :pray:. Once again the focus is on Spark and remembering how much fun it is. It’s possible to get something much better out of this VST but I don’t have the patience. The Spark preset is a jazz drum with added modular Toms.

1 Like