Latest MacOS version and Windows version that Spark CDM hardware still works on?

Would love to know if Spark CDM hardware is still relevant in 2023. I’m currently using MacOS Monterey 12.6.7 and would love to hear from both PC and Mac users. Are you still using your legacy hardware? On which OS version? SparkLE users welcome to respond too.

Hey @Sparky we’re glad to see you here!

Thanks for sharing your passion for the Spark CDM & the LE version!
Since our latest update on the firmware was made on 2013 and 2014 respectively let’s see what other users has on their side.

Exited to know what others have being creating :zap:

I just bought a used version of hardware/software. It is working on my MBP M1 MAX with them latest version of MACOS. The only thing really disappointing is that the screen is not adjustable. On my big screen with high resolution, it is impossible to use. I have to use a low resolution on the MBP to use it. For the rest, I have no problem.

1 Like

I am still using it on the latest OSX Ventura with no problems on a Mac Mini M2. I would love it to be updated and not relegated to abandonware. Arturia may be making a huge error in neglecting it.

1 Like

Yes, same here. I’m running v.2.4.2 on an M1 Mac Mini - OSX Sonoma.

Well, unfortunately I’m running a new 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro Chip 16GB memory 1TB storage OS Sonoma 14.5. running with Pro Tools 2024.6 and Spark LE/2 no longer works for me neither Natively or with Rosetta… a sad day seeing this was my GO-TO for any drums. I now have 3 tracks from an album of sounds LOST to a now defunct legacy product. Last time it worked for me I was using an old 2015 iMac running Catalina OS… it was more than time for me to upgrade and be disappointed by Arturia’s decision to no longer maintain a GREAT in studio/ standalone product! SO, what do I do now…recycle it? Hopefully, they’ll do their due diligence and grant anyone with excellent/mint conditioned hardware return it for a brand new up to date piece that’s very similar with much more up to date capabilities… *hint *hint…Right ARTURIA?! :crossed_fingers:t6:

Hi,

I am running Spark on a Mac Mini M2 under Sonoma 14.5 in Logic Pro with no problems.

Maybe try a complete uninstall/reinstall? It may revive it.

Again, I reiterate my plea to Arturia. Spark is and SOUNDS fantastic. Please do not abandon it.

1 Like

Oh wow…reallly!! Youre the first I’ve heard having no issues. I’ll try the full re-installation and let you know what happens :crossed_fingers:t4:

I don’t own Spark, but I installed it for shiggles to run in demo mode and it seems to run great on my Mac Studio M1 (14.5).

@Funtmaster I’ve completed the clean install in my pro tools 2024.6 and Spark reappeared in the plug in listing but only in Rosetta mode. Thank goodness!! I can finish this work… thanks!

1 Like