KL MK3 + Logic - missing the "plugin" and "mixer" buttons?

Hi all - I’ll open a support ticket if needed, but I was just curious if it’s just me. In this video, Lena shows the MK3 screen while in DAW mode, and it has the Plugin and Mixer options in the top left, but I don’t see them there when I have Logic open and I’m in DAW mode.

My MK3 firmware is 1.0.4.
In settings, I have the DAW protocol as Logic.
I have installed the scripts and set MK3 DAW in controller setup.

I notice that I can still hit those buttons and it will toggle between Plugin and Mixer, but I can’t seem to get the text to appear. I even tried a factory reset with no luck.

Before submitting a support request, I am just wondering if anyone else has the same issue when using Logic?

2 Likes

Hi! Just joined this forum for pretty much the exact same reason. I have created a support ticket and let’s see how it resolves. I have to say I am a little disappointed. I get that this is a new product and there will doubtless be software hiccups to begin with, but it’s a bummer to start using something and it immediately isn’t working the way it should. I am also not able to browse the sub-category of presets in Analog Lab - are you encountering that issue too?

Good to know it isn’t just me! I’ll submit a support ticket for it also. I am having problems browsing the sub-category of presets too, but I kind of thought that was by design.

Another odd behavior I’ve noticed is, in Logic, if I load up Alchemy and I tweak knob 4 while playing something, the plugin no longer produces sound after I release the knob. If I touch the same knob, sound comes back until I release it again. I’m not sure if that’s a Logic or Arturia problem but I don’t have that issue with my old midi controller.

2 Likes

Yep, same here. I hadn’t isolated it to the 4th knob (good job on that one!) but noticed for some weird reason the sound on a preset just cuts out or like slowly dies when I start tweaking some parameters. When I load up a new preset or reload the same it is fine again. I’m hoping this gets resolved quickly with some or other update!

Hi, just to update on this for anyone interested. I noticed the Plugin / Mixer contextual views appear if I open a project on Logic, then close the project (with Logic still running) and reopen the project / another Logic project. Really odd, but some kind of workaround at least for the visual to appear on screen.

I have noticed that it’s not just Alchemy which has the knob 4 issue - it’s every Logic soft synth. I have logged this with the support team and hoping they fix this soon. One new weird issue was wondering whether anyone else had was in Sampler. If I use encoder 3 and tweak parameters on a stereo instance, the sound “splits” and goes to mono exclusively panned either to the left or the right channel. Does anyone else have this issue? I

I’m guessing there may be other bugs lurking as I get the chance to play around more. Not necessarily a disaster if Arturia are able to provide fixes, but definitely not ideal for a brand new piece of gear.