KeyLab MK3 questions thread

1. Is it possible to have multiple banks of custom midi assignments?

2. Out of the box can I control my 16rig channel input volumes or will it require setting up custom midi?

I skimmed the manual but nothing jumped out for the above questions. I’m sure I’ll have more and others probably have questions as well.

Thanks in advance for any help and hopefully we can get this thread going as a solid resource for the newest version of the KeyLab.

Thanks,
Boog

After working in sorting up the Elektron Syntak which works pretty well for the most part, I’ve found a few things that are not working for different reason. I want to preface this with the fact that it only works great via midi and not via USB at least that is my experience up to this point.

1. Encoders and faders have been mapped to some specific tasks. It will only affect the track that is selected on the syntakt itself because im using the Auto Channel to the Syntakt which is 14.

It would be great to be able to have these controls managed by the midi channel selected by pressing the midi ch button and then the corresponding key.

I am looking into a way to possible switch the track on the syntakt by setting up one of the 4 custom buttons but I don’t think there is a way to cycle through the tracks on the syntakt with a midi controller.

Again if there was a way to change these when selecting the midi channel for the keyboard that would resolve the issue I think.

On the syntakt and i believe the digitakt as well, the CC for all the available parameters are all the same and as mentioned dependant on the currently selected track on the syntakt.

1. Pads are working great when set to each track. The syntakt has 12 tracks and I have mapped each track to the corresponding pads. They aren’t MPC pads but they are pretty decent and apparently are polyphonic aftertouch.

2. The transport play doesn’t work from the keylab but it will stop with I believe a triple press. Record doesn’t work. Transports do work to play, record, nd stop the syntakt when running through Bitwig in the DAW setting

3. Changing the keyboard to a track by pressing the Midi Ch. button and then pressing a key that corresponds with a track works great for switching between the tracks.

4. It would be great if you could assign a specific CC to the aftertouch functionality on both keys and pads but I haven’t found a way yet. I’ve looked in the MCC without finding anything which seems strange.

That’s all for now.