KeyLab mk3 and Studio One 6 Not Working Correctly

Greetings!

My KeyLab mk3 just came a few days ago and I registered it, installed the software and connected everything correctly. Works well with Analog Lab 5!

But getting the controller to work as a keyboard and a control surface at the same time in Studio One 6, has been a complete nightmare. The pitch wheel is triggering faders and the mod wheel doesn’t work at all. No luck with the faders, pan knobs and the scroll wheel, either. Has anybody experienced this with Studio One 6, as well? If so, what is the solution?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Chaz406. Welcome to the community.

I don’t have the MK3, so i can’t tell if there is a bug.
But-
Can you please post images of your Keyboard setup and of your Mackie setup in Studio One 6?
Are you sure you use the correct Send to and Receive from? Are you sure you don’t filter out functionality?
Which mode do you use? User/ Arturia/ DAW?
Then we take it from there.

Thanks for the rapid response!

I’ve done all the the things that you have suggested. I have tried all 3 program setups, but the most functional has been the User program.

@Chaz406

It seems to be okay setups.

Have you set the correct Mackie setting for your controller? I think it’s set in Arturias Midi Control Center. I think in the Global settings.

I have it set to Studio One in “Device Settings”, in the Midi Control Center. Should I change it to HUI, or just leave it as is?

Afaik Arturia do not have have a script to select for Studio One yet do they?
I would check if there is a difference in using MCU and HUI setting.

This is currently what is in the drop down menu:

Interesting. But i can’t see any integration scripts or guides in Keylab MK3 ressources. So i would try MCU and HUI just to see, if it make a difference.

If the above does’nt help: I can’t check the Arturia and the DAW template, as it require i have the controller. But you can try to check the midi CC mapping.
If you are using the modes correct, then i can’t rule out there is a bug.

I suggest you contact Arturia support if nothing work. I would also ask them about the Studio One mode anyway.
I’m very interested in knowing how this turns out.

Thank you kindly for you valuable input! I’ll keep you posted on what I’ve worked out. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Thank you kindly too @Chaz406.

Looking forward to hear the results.

I had the same problem. I reached out to arturia to be told that the keylab mk3 has a problem with studio one. You need to change vst3 to vst2 only apparently. Surprised arturia haven’t posted this temporary fix. They are working on a fix for the vst3 still

1 Like

I have the same problems here with Studio One 6.6 and the KL mk3.
Cubase is okay
[KL3 Firmware 1.0.4, Mackie (MCU) Control in the DAW, DAW Protocol=Studio One]
I work with Cubase and Studio One (both latest versions)
Transport: Quantize, Redo and TAP not working at all
Analog Lab V (Latest versions): flickering presets, not usable at most time
Pigments: Same problems as Analog Lab V
I’m a also a Keylab mk2 user: The latest Analog Lab V version does not work anymore with mk2 (flickering presets)

Sometimes you can clear some errors if you go to ASC and run “Clear Prefs”.
Working with USER MODES is okay if you don’t need any DAW functions or the 3 mentions Transport keys.

So I’m a little bit frustrated about this situation. I hope the good folks on Arturia will look at this problems as soon as possible!

But the quality of the new Mk3 is great! The screen is big enough and sharp! The knobs and faders feels very good. And the keys are exceptional good!
A bit more tension compared to KL mk2. You don’t hear any rattling Great feeling! The high quality pads are a bit hard but with perfect responses.