Installing the latest Aug. Strings update creates unnecessary folders in the Applications folder

Recently, I noticed two unfamiliar folders – «lib» and «include» – located in the Applications folder (MB M1 – macOS Monterey V12.7). The time and date they seemingly have been created corresponds to the installation timestamp of the latest Augmented Strings update (V 1.5.1).

After removing the two folders and the associated software, a reinstallation of the latter caused a reappearance of two identically named folders – «lib» and «include» – at the same path as mentioned initially.

I’m unsure whether this was an intentional and necessary part of the current software version. Anyway, I thought my two cats (Lib & Include) would consider it more constructive if I turned my unproductive rhetorical questioning into some sensible text and posted accordingly.

Have a great weekend! :face_with_monocle: :black_cat: :file_folder: :cat2: :file_folder:

Hi @ADAa and welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

If those folders appeared after each install of Augmented Strings, then they’re supposed to be there, there’s no likely benefit to deleting them.

HTH!

Ps
If you haven’t already, please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about all the latest news from Arturia.

Hello,

Same problem here.
But they are not supposed to be there. This is the Applications folder.
It would be best if those folders would be put inside the Macintosh HD/Library/Arturia folder.

Maybe a change for the next update.

Best.

Fred

I also find this irritating,augmented strings is indeed putting two folders lib and include in the application folder. I wish I knew what they were and if it’s ok to move them elsewhere. Audio software in general seems to make a big mess of the computer’s files and have been pretty happy that Arturia keeps everything in one spot. Hopefully this will be fixed

Hi @FredB and @ChanceB1

I’m afraid I don’t have an answer for you at the moment, if you want to investigate further yourselves you could rename the folder and see what happens, personally, I’m not too concerned about them really.

However, if you really are concerned, you could always log in to your account to contact our support team to see if they can enlighten you.

Best :zap:

Thank for your reply,I really just want to know why.It seems they are an option during installation, I have the silent install option turned of in Software Center so I can do a custom install of only Au’s and standalones and noticed the checkbox for them. I may move them to the Arturia library folder and see what happens. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like