Hello! And MIDI Implementation Chart for Polybrute 12?

Greetings! It’s nice to meet you all. Do any of you know of a MIDI implementation chart for the Polybrute 12? I use Ableton Live 12 on a new Macbook pro, and it seems to only send 1/6. I could not find a chart in the manual. Thanks for any help! Riley

Hi @Riley333. Welcome to the community.

I don’t know what you mean by this.

I had a quick look in the manual and found this chart in section “13.1. MIDI Continuous Controller assignments” page 123.
Is’nt that what you are looking for?

Thank you! I completely missed it, I was searching for MIDI chart and scanned past this. So the Polybrute can send these MIDI messages to Ableton? It’s strange that only 1/6 shows up.
Morph Knob 3
Ribbon 9
Morphée X 114
Morphée Y 115
Morphée Z 89

These are the ones I want to map to VST for layered sound morphing but the don’t show up, and I have MIDI CC send turned on. Thank you, Riley

See the comments in this previous topic, which I think may be related to what you are asking:

1 Like

Thank you! That’s disappointing to find out

I think there’s some confusion here. In that link, the issue is that the CCs do nothing when sent back to the Polybrute. However the device should be able to send those CCs to your DAW or whatever. I am able to use the Morphee and Ribbon with my Eurorack using a MIDI->CV converter, so they definitely send CCs.

1 Like

are you using the Polybrute 12? I can’t seem to get anything other than 1/6 sent for CCs even without using the connect plugin.

Yup, Polybrute 12. Check the MIDI Output Dest and MIDI Enable CC settings (page 116 of the manual).

Thank you! I followed the instructions in the manual and I’m still only getting channel one, cc 6. I have tried it in logic Pro, , and ableton live with the same results. I’m not able to map the individual cc on the poly brute 12.

CC# 6 is Data Entry (MSB) and goes with CC# 38 (Data Entry LSB).
This is used to enter a value for Registered Parameters (RPN, CC# 100 & 101), and Non-Registered Parameters (NRPN, CC # 98 & 99).

• The NRPN messages for the morphee and ribbon are transmitted and received on the “PolyBrute VST” USB MIDI port. This port is only meant to be used by the software editor PolyBrute Connect.
  • The normal USB MIDI port is named “PolyBrute MIDI”.

So, I guess you have selected the wrong MIDI port.

Thank you. I have tried it without the software and only using midi over USB, not the software connection. And I still get the same results. I haven’t tried coming out of the midi ports into the DAw. My audio interface doesn’t have midi ports on it

The USB/MIDI “PolyBrute MIDI” port carries the same data as the 5pin MIDI.
You can use it without 5pin MIDI ports.
But in your DAW MIDI settings, make sure to select “PolyBrute MIDI” and not "PolyBrute VST” as the MIDI input/output for the DAW.
“PolyBrute VST” will only be used by the PolyBrute Connect software.

Obviously, on PolyBrute, in the Global Settings / MIDI, you should select both MIDI Input Source and MIDI Output Destination as USB.

I really wish Arturia would publish the spec for 14bit resolution NRPN parameters