[Feature Request] Sample Playback for MiniFreak PLEEEEEEZZZZEEEE!

So I’ve had my MiniFreak for about two weeks now, and I’m already very, very impressed by it.

A lot of menu-diving (as compared to, say, my Behringer Poly D,) well, yes. Much higher learning curve than a vintage-style synth? Absolutely.

But I will, say: if you employ just enough patience to continue to stick with this synth, it will just continue to give back, in droves. I am particularly loving Sound Designing on it.

So I will say,-from my perspective, at least-if/when you decide to add the Sample Playback functions that you already have added to the MicroFreak, well, at that point I think I would have to say the MiniFreak will have entered Near Perfect/Perfection territory.

For what this synth does, and is intended to do, the addition of Sample Playback, I think, immediately takes it into the territory of important classic synths like the Prophet VS, the Korg M1 and even the Yamaha DX7. They’ll be talking about the MiniFreak in that same way, 20-30 years from now, is my opinion on that.

So, Arturia: pleaaaaeeeaassse, add it, soon?

Anybody else interested in Sample Playback on the MiniFreak?

11 Likes

Hi @Deepmojoman and thanks for the compliments!

Yes, The MiniFreak IS an amazing ‘little’ beast for sure, i LOVE mine :heart_eyes:

I’ll mark this as a Feature Request as it could be a fantastic feature.

Ps
If you haven’t already, please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about any updates or other exciting news from Arturia.

I agree 100% with the initial post, the synthesizer is a war machine but with the ability to add samples it will truly be the perfect synthesizer. I hesitated between the microfreak and the minifreak because the microfreak offered the incorporation of samples. We are very close to perfection (I’m not saying flawless because I haven’t found any faults) But with samples there would be just no reason not to throw yourself directly into the arms of this synthesizer. I am very optimistic for the future of this brand, it is our little French pride!! :fr::fr:

3 Likes

Lacks of microfreak engines (not only samples but granular and user wavetables too) just keeps me from upgrading. Really wish to see those features.

Hi @alex and @Ignosce welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

If you haven’t already then please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about them.

Seriously… microfreak gets all these feature additions and we buy up the minifreak thinking we’ll get that and more and in the end, aside from more routing assignments, the microfreak has several more features … including sample playback… all which was added with multiple firmware updates which made the freak line so attractive… all the activity around it. wish i bought a micro instead.

1 Like

Hi @mute and welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

I think the thing to remember here is that the μFreak has been around for some years now and has developed into a highly mature piece of equipment over that time.
The MiniFreak has only been around for about a year, so hasn’t had the same amount of time to develop.
I own a MiniFreak myself and am REALLY looking forward to it developing and maturing in a similar way, I hope.

If there are things you would like specifically, then create a post to ask for them.

Meanwhile, if you haven’t already, please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about any new and exciting news from Arturia.

yeah, but…that response is kind of whatever… it’s built off the foundation of the micro… same engine, different body, more power… what’s the hold up with updates? c’mon already… the little brother can still do more than it’s newer and bigger sibling… it should at least be equal.

2 Likes

Hello !

They look the same, but they are quite different in the inside.

Without even mentioning the HW, the firmware is really different, the communication system totally new (if you have a Micro, perhaps you noticed that presets transfer between PC and a Mini are more than 10 times faster than the Micro), and last but not least, the Mini have MiniFreakV, which twice de development time, as we need to implement every features in both the SW and the HW.

Please have fun with the features you already have, and please be patient.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Hello to the entire community!!!
I’m joining this Minifreak wishlist, hoping the Arturia developers read this.
I would like that by having audio input and a “rec” button we could record small fragments of audio (5 or 10 seconds) directly from the audio input and then be able to process those samples with granular synthesis.
Also, taking advantage of the Minifreak’s polyphony, it would be nice to have more grains overlap to get really nice ambient and drone sounds.
I send you a big greeting and I hope that many will support and wish for this so that Arturia can develop it.
Bye!