[Feature Request] : morphing capability similar to Polybrute's

Hi all,

Having a Polybrute and enjoying an extensive use of its morphing capabilities, I would waaaarmly welcome the same kind of function in Pigments which, IMO, looks ready to be implemented that feature.

Now I know how it feels like on the Polybrute I can undoubtedly say it would be cool to possibly set start and end points of parameters which are to be modulated while choosing its modulators (hope I’m clear enough).

Mainly speaking we could make two different sounds while keeping filter types and oscillator types unchanged then morphing one into the other using a “morph” controller.

1 Like

Hey @Michael_G

Great idea!

We’ll keep this marked as a feature request so our team are aware of it!

1 Like

If I’m picturing what you are envisioning correctly, you can do that exact thing using the existing macro knobs. Just assign one macro knob to all the parameters you want it to morph. The one thing it couldn’t replicate from the Polybrute is morphing between analog engine waveforms, but even that could be imitated using the Wavetable engine instead.

Mind you, this would take a while to setup. So having a feature that you can simply turn on and it will do all that by default would be a huge win for speedier workflows.

oh, I was asking that tones of times, and in support and even in Berlin on soooperbooth.

when? when? when? there is no any morphing synth on the market! That things like macro knob doesn’t do it, its too tedious to edit it.

All we need is save snapshots under A and B slots, and morphee knob. So, view could display only pure state of A or B. Show how changes all values in real time could be nice, and I appreciate that in some next updates. But atleast just editing two states would do the trick.

Please? :slight_smile:

and yes. On the polybrute you can morph ANYTHING (except modulation routes). This is what needed as well.

And I really appreciate if in some next update of such vst synth Arturia will add modulation morphing as well :slight_smile: We may have different alhgorithms to morph modulations. First the most simpliest of course is crossfading. But then we can add more ways, so user can pick which works better for the key.

And yes! Pigment is not an option to aply such things. A lot of things need to rework.

May be have some simple VA synth with morphing for begining? Later we can add more ways. And when market will deside is it worth.

I prefer ANY synth would have morphing. Just like some effect plugins have snapshots