[Feature Request] Minifreak Poly Aftertouch

I recently bougt a Minifreak and I’m totally happy with it. Arturia did a really good job.

What I don’t get is why it supports only mono aftertouch and doesn’t support poly aftertouch. The velocity of the keys is also “per key”, why is the aftertouch not handled “per key”? The Microfreak can process poly aftertouch as I understand.

If it would be possible to support poly aftertouch with a software update it would be my personal killer-feature and would be a strong buying argument in comparison to the hydrasynth explorer which currently supports poly aftertouch.

Hi @Guy and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum!

As far as i’m aware the hardware doesn’t actually support this, so unless the keybed etc were to be updated it’s not possible unfortunately.

HTH!

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest from Arturia.

I might be buying a MiniFreak, hence am interested in this. I thought, like it is mentioned here, that the MiniFreak doesn’t have Poly Aftertouch.

What confuses me is that on the resources website for the MiniFreak, in the changelog for firmware v2.0.0 it says “Improved Poly Aftertouch support”.

So what does that mean? Why is it saying “improved” when it doesn’t even have Poly Aftertouch, I don’t get it :crazy_face:

The MnF receives Poly Aftertouch via MIDI, so I guess it refers to improvements for that.

1 Like

Ah ok, thanks.
I already thought later on “support” is the important word here. So in general the MiniFreak can handle Poly Aftertouch (via MIDI input), it’s just the case that its’ own keyboard doesn’t provide Poly Aftertouch.
(if this is wrong, anyone correct me please)

1 Like