Feature request - Give us a midi event/mapping for generating new sequences

Hey, folks. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m messing with mapping the parameters on Acid V to the hardware on my minilogue XD. In doing so I noticed that, while there’s an event for changing the density value of the generate function (which is still quite nice to have a hardware knob dedicated to!), it doesn’t seem possible to map either a midi event or a keyboard event to specifically generating the new sequence. Acid V just doesn’t seem to expose a midi event for it.

Am I crazy here? I’d love for there to be a simple answer to this. It does seem to me like it might require an update? I’d like to be able to tweak the parameters of the device AND generate a new sequence without having to open to VST on screen and click the generate button. As it stands I can edit all the other parameters that I’m interested in, but I have to open the VST to generate the new pattern.

P.S. I feel like this forum is quieter than I would have hoped =(

Hi @tytr,

Yes it’s unfortunately not possible to assign a midi CC to actually generate a new sequence. You can set the amount for the button but not generate.
As a user i also think this should be added.