[Feature Request] Being able to edit disabled steps in step sequencer

It should be possible to edit, copy, paste and erase all steps in the step sequencer even if there and not enabled (i mean inside the range of the first to the last step).

While performing i want to change notes and parameters in disabled steps (to create variations) but it’s impossible if they are disabled… It says i need to change last step…

This is very annoying and breaks all the workflow, because i have to increase the length of the sequence (change the last step position), and most of the times, the last steps are empty and then i have moments of silence while programming step sounds…

For example,
i have a sequence of 16 steps, and i want to create a variation on the next steps (from 17 to 32), i want to copy paste some steps (from the first 16steps and edit some without enable the variation, because it’s impossible right now to do that, i have to enable the steps from 17 to 32, and only then i can edit them, that’s very annoying, because in that time they have no notes and there is always a moment of silence while i do that… :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @calhaus .

Thanks for your feature request, indeed it could be nice this improvement.

We will mark this topic as a feature request to let our team know about it.

Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about them.

1 Like

It might make more sense to get one of the many hardware MIDI controllers, such as a BeatStep Pro or an MPC, which would be a much better live performance platform than the MnF, which is essentially a synthesizer.

Some popular options:

• Arturia Beatstep Pro
  • MPC X
  • Digitakt
  • Akai Professional Fire Grid Controller for FL Studio
  • Akai Professional Force
  • Korg Volca Bass
  • Analogue Solutions Impulse Command
  • Novation Circuit Tracks Groovebox
  • Polyend Tracker
  • Polyend Play
  • Roland MC-101